Having kids late in life is BS.

you know what's weird about me? well, among other things!

I never wanted children when I was young enough to have them and when people went crazy over babies I didn't really get it. oh, I could see they could be cute but felt no pull at all.

then? I went through menopause. NOW? I am crazy about babies - oooooh, lookit the baby! can I make squeaky voice remarks until she smiles at me? AAWWWWWW. can I hold him? just love babies.

WTF?

honestly, when I fantasize about dating my ideal man has grandchildren. maybe great-grands! cos that's the only way I'll get any. :)
My husband has no kids and loves the fact that WE have one little granddaughter.. she has him wrapped, tightly wrapped! ;)

you know what's weird about me? well, among other things!

I never wanted children when I was young enough to have them and when people went crazy over babies I didn't really get it. oh, I could see they could be cute but felt no pull at all.

then? I went through menopause. NOW? I am crazy about babies - oooooh, lookit the baby! can I make squeaky voice remarks until she smiles at me? AAWWWWWW. can I hold him? just love babies.

WTF?

honestly, when I fantasize about dating my ideal man has grandchildren. maybe great-grands! cos that's the only way I'll get any. :)

Probably you're crazy about them now because you know you wont slip up and get pregnant. They are always cute when you can enjoy them and send them BACK HOME WITH THEIR FAMILIES!

I would have conked out before lunch seeing as how my usual wakeup time is lunch time (for the civilized world). I'm a true night owl.

I also get the not wanting kids when I was younger. I'm glad I didn't, yet I'm enjoying my limited exposure to kids now. I think C Harris is right about them being so much more fun when responsibilities lie more with the parents than the aunts or other adults. I never was afraid being responsible for keeping them alive, but making sure they'd grow up to be mentally sound and decent human beings scared me out reproducing.

Latest posts

Back