Having kids late in life is BS.

Spiky Bugger

Because that means the grandparents...or surrogate grandparents...are WAY TOO OLD to do the grandparent thing.

We got to bed early on Sunday night. Slept fairly well. And MiniSue arranged to use one hour of the “personal time off for family members” benefit (per civil service rules, the kid is in her family because they live together), so that our child care duties could start at 7:15 am instead of at 6:00 am.

But then, we may have overdone it a bit.

•First, she “assisted me” in making her a quesadilla for breakfast.
•Then she “helped” Mr. Sue clean and refill the hummingbird feeders and hang them in back.
•After that, we planted veggie seeds and transplanted small planters of parsley and thyme.
•And the horticulture experiment was to dump all of the aged floral bulbs into a large pot and see if anything sprouts.
•Then the ladder had to be moved to see what the birds left behind when they left. The nest, including two unhatched eggs were placed in a shoe box which, if it doesn’t explode from whatever toxic vapors form in there, may become a Shoe-and-Tell specimen.
•Then it was Quiet Time and a PG movie, which was wholly inappropriate but she rather enjoyed.
•Then lunch, of course.
•After lunch we had to hit THREE music stores. It’s time to pick an instrument if she wants to be in the music program starting in fourth grade. (And that would require a whole different too-long post. Suffice it to say: She-of-the-Limited-Attention-Span-and-Advanced-Clutziness wants to start with an instrument that requires more coordination than most, would receive the least assistance from the school’s overburdend music teacher and costs more than other instruments.)
•On the way home, we sat in the car as Mr. Sue popped into the grocery store to grab some protein bars and then at the library to return a book.
•So naturally, it was time to go swimming.

I was out cold at 9:30.

You’re making ME tired just reading that.

But good for you and Mr. Sue for being grandparents. (Yes, I know kid is not blood related but so? )

Wow you and Mr. Sue are great grandparents. All those activities in 1 day. If it were me and mines they could probably get 2 of them out of me. I'd have to sleep days after a day of that much activity!

Btw that is way than what I do in a week with my kids! Also I had my baby last year at 42 and I'm so tired. I hope that I will be able to enjoy my grandchildren and children who are like grandchildren as much as you do!

Btw that is way than what I do in a week with my kids! Also I had my baby last year at 42 and I'm so tired. I hope that I will be able to enjoy my grandchildren and children who are like grandchildren as much as you do!

Girl I'd be dead baby at 42. Mines are 26 and 23 and thats too much

That was Monday. We collapsed Tuesday, but then she spent the night...went to bed at 9 and awakened (me) every two hours until it was almost time for the Mueller hearings.

We napped even more after that...LOL.

Girl I'd be dead baby at 42. Mines are 26 and 23 and thats too much

If it was up to me I could have had an adult child too! But I had no control over it. My body didn't start ovulating by itself until February 2017. I wish I could have more babies! But not for 18 months!

If it was up to me I could have had an adult child too! But I had no control over it. My body didn't start ovulating by itself until February 2017. I wish I could have more babies! But not for 18 months!

Having babies is a blessing whenever you are lucky enough to have them. My girlfriend was like that she had 1 that is 24 now. She tried fertility drugs and everything with no luck. Low and behold she turns 43 loses 40lbs and gets pregnant. It happens to the right people. When my kids were little I was super mom everything they wanted to do we did and I helped run it. I would be a terrible parent to a little one now. Im too broke down. Even when I keep Toot I feel bad. We read a couple of books. Go to park. Then its watching cartoons.

But CONGRATULATIONS. I hope you have a house full of babies if you want them!!!

you know what's weird about me? well, among other things!

I never wanted children when I was young enough to have them and when people went crazy over babies I didn't really get it. oh, I could see they could be cute but felt no pull at all.

then? I went through menopause. NOW? I am crazy about babies - oooooh, lookit the baby! can I make squeaky voice remarks until she smiles at me? AAWWWWWW. can I hold him? just love babies.

WTF?

honestly, when I fantasize about dating my ideal man has grandchildren. maybe great-grands! cos that's the only way I'll get any. :)

Latest posts

Back