Had cardiologist appt today

Terri

So I had the appointment today with the cardiologist regarding the EKG from pre-op testing. She right away told me that the EKG reading something was amiss was just from my large chest. She says she will clear me for surgery. I thought yay I am on my way to the OR. Of course then she wanted to know if I had tried loosing weight before I decided WLS was the way to go. I told her yes, then she wants to know what, so I start naming them. Then all of sudden she decides well maybe she should have me do a stress test. Now let me just tell you I know how Charlie Brown felt when Lucy pulled the ball out from under him! So I did get lucky enough that they had an opening right away. I did the stress test and again she says she will clear me for surgery. She fooled me once already so no way was I going to let her see my joy this time. Then she's something like she would rather see people lose weight the "natural" way, but since it sounds like I had tried she would clear me for surgery. I really think if I hadn't satisfied her idea that I had tried enough "natural" ways to lose weight she would not have given me cardiac clearance!

You know this sort of attitude from the medical profession (well really from anyone but...) really makes me steaming mad! How long have most of us dieted and tried to lose weight the "natural way"? If it was that simple no one would be overweight at all. You are there for clearance not for her opinion on how you choose to lose weight...and isn't getting healthier really the most important thing? I'm glad that you have your cardiac clearance now.

Did you tell her you did phen-fen? Because it was shown to cause potentially fatal pulmonary hypertension and heart valve problems. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenfluramine/phentermine And if so, that's why she did more testing, and it was totally the right thing to do.
No I didn't take phen-fen, if I had then I could have seen that. I really didn't ever take any of the diet pills. They would make me real jittery and I could not sleep at night, even when taking the pill at 6am.

Latest posts

Back