Got email from Dr. K

Charris

Now an angel
He sent me to emails. the first one said that my protein is low. I thought I was eating a lot of protein but I guess not enough. I guess I will start adding a shake to my day, and actually start recording grams per day.

The second one said my Vitamin A is low should take 50,000 IU a day. I have been taking the 10,000 IU a day.

So I am guessing those things being off is why i have been exhausted! I tried 3 times to see my lab report to see what everything looked like and their portal is malfunctioning. So hopefully the will get it working or fax me a copy.

You want the Biotech dry vitamin A. Standard Vitalady program is 100,000iu but that obviously depends on your personal labs. Post your numbers here when you get them and the vets can advise what they think re dosage.

*edited for typos as I can't type one handed!! :)

Last edited:
One shake is not going to be enough. Three would be more like it if you are "low." And get the right vitamin A. I do believe we've talked about both of these issues before, yes?

Let me be very clear: "Your protein is low" means YOU HAVE (possibly early) PROTEIN MALNUTRITION. Does THAT make a slightly bigger impression on you?

And what's happening about the iron and infusions?

You want the Biotech dry vitamin A. Standard Vitalady program is 100,000iu but that obviously depends on your personal labs. Post your numbers here when you get them and the vets can advise what they think re dosage.

*edited for typos as I can't type one handed!! :)

Ok Here are the items that are out of ranges

Attachments

• labs out of range.pdf
    54.3 KB · Views: 9
Sorry this is the one i inteded to post.

Edited for correct attachment

Attachments

• all labs.pdf
    55.9 KB · Views: 10
One shake is not going to be enough. Three would be more like it if you are "low." And get the right vitamin A. I do believe we've talked about both of these issues before, yes?

Let me be very clear: "Your protein is low" means YOU HAVE (possibly early) PROTEIN MALNUTRITION. Does THAT make a slightly bigger impression on you?

And what's happening about the iron and infusions?

Yes it does. I truly honestly thought i was getting enough protein. The protein shake I mainly use is 50 grams of protein for one serving so I make it a drink it throught the day because I thought we cant absorb that much at once. But i will do 2 or 3 if need be.

The doctor didnt want to do Iron infusions because when she last checked my iron it was on the low side of normal. I am faxing over these new results that doctor K just did and will make an appointment to review them with her. Its 7 pages and the only thing dr K discussed was the low protein and Vitamin A.

What's your D? PTH?

You said in your first part that you "eat a lot of protein" and in this one you mentioned a "50-gram shake." It's time to really weigh, measure and track your intake. This has been discussed before, too, I believe. I have a feeling that you are taking in just a fraction of what you believe you're taking in, both in food and in supplements.

What's your D? PTH?

You said in your first part that you "eat a lot of protein" and in this one you mentioned a "50-gram shake." It's time to really weigh, measure and track your intake. This has been discussed before, too, I believe. I have a feeling that you are taking in just a fraction of what you believe you're taking in, both in food and in supplements.

I thought I had been eating a lot of protein so I hadnt been really doing shakes since a little bit after pulling my j tube. So I was saying that I am going to start shakes up again. I am surely going to start writing down everything that goes in my mouth to count my protein and carbs. Obviously I am not taking in as much as I thought or my numbers wouldnt be low...

My intact PTH is 57 normal is 15-65, Vitamin D is 89.7 normal is 30.1 to 100.0, protein total is 6.8 normal is 6.0 to 8.0, Vitamin D status is 25

Your D needs SERIOUS help. It needs to be as close to 100 as possible...normal range is now 30-100. (They keep moving those goal posts)

I don't recall ever seeing D tests reported that way, so I'll have to pass on that one. But you definitely need to get a clear picture of what you're taking in.

Latest posts

Back