Get your labs done, even if they make you crazy!

Spiky Bugger

This is regarding neuropathy. In June, my neurologist ordered labs, some rather obscure for me. They were back in six days. Based on those results, he ordered new Rxs. That was baseline.

In August, he ordered THE SAME labs. Two of the tests are not ready. It’s been fifteen days. I could get only partial results.

I FINALLY got to talk to a human who said that the equipment that allows them to report results is down and they expect to recover by 9/11. (Ominous.)

Anyway, we need to see if my med change is improving the situation and adjust as needed. But I’ve just made the THIRD appointment with my neuro because we need those results and they still aren’t back. (And if we had tested these all along, maybe I wouldn’t need intervention.)

So test EVERYTHING often.

Amen.

Last edited:
Alrighty then…MY neuropathy is likely the result of malabsorption of, of all things, Vitamin E. I knew we malabsorbed vitamins A, D, E and K. I paid a lot of attention to D and K, some to A, but kind of just took a Vit E and carried on. Per my current labs, I should have been taking three times as much.

My neurologist, who at first was probably convinced that I was getting supplement advice from Benny’s Hub Cab and Skin Rejuvenation Center, suddenly was impressed by how much I was taking w/o the average, expected results.

On my own, however, I will be seeking Infusions which will be easier than juggling all these pills and capsules AND probably be covered by insurance.

Latest posts

Back