Friday Food Journal

JackieOnLine

Staff member
so far I am only drinking coffee but "the rest is pending" - I got a cold meatloaf at safeway yesterday and that's what's for breakfast.

tomorrow I am going on a road trip (one day only to Bend) and that has always been a major problem with me - I have been in the habit of drinking way more coffee than I should and also junk food. so I need to plan for tomorrow: coffee plan is most important, water, and food.

Today was my first day off Flagyl, so I was very well behaved. I got about 90g of protein in which is tad low, but I didn't have any snacks.

I've done OK on my fluids and have had either water, tea or coffee (I only HAD 2 COFFEES, so they were my snacks).

*ETA missing words.

B#1 Yogurt/butter coffee
B#2 Fried egg/fried ham
Then I went off the rails a bit.
L: Chicken sandwich from Chick Fil-A, via the cafeteria.
NO Snacks...not convenient, can't eat in ICU and want to be in there as much as possible. However from 2-3 they kick everyone out for quiet time and both my younger sisters/associate brother in law's are there and he is only allowed 2 people in the room at a time. So we swung by Costco then came home for a bit. They also close ICU to visitors from 6-8 (AM AND PM) so we plan on getting back up there right at 7:30PM and staying til about 10 or so.
After we got home:
S: Chicken bites with Bacon Ranch dressing
D: Slices of Tri Tip and bacon wrapped onion slices.

Rest is pending.

doing OK-ish with food but way down with water. seems like it's so easy for the day to zoom by and I have had coffee and almost no other liquid. boo!

B- smoked beef ribs
L- carne asada
D- what was left of said carne asada
S- mixed nuts
S2- protein popcorn

Ice waters courtesy of Sonic Drive-In....love that ice! :)

Lol, I take my boring popcorn, fluff it with a little (or a lot) of buttah and sprinkle the Unjury cheese sauce mix on it. 21 grams of protein easy peasy! In the olden days (all of last year), I'd use the dry cheese sauce packets from Kraft macaroni boxes and chuck the pasta!

I'm at 3 months out...and just tried popcorn for the first time a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't advise any sooner than that because of the husks and healing tummy. Just always remember that everyone is different in their tolerances...I know some people have posted that popcorn - even years out - doesn't sit well for them. (But I'm glad it works for me - I miss crunchy stuff!) :)

Lol, I take my boring popcorn, fluff it with a little (or a lot) of buttah and sprinkle the Unjury cheese sauce mix on it. 21 grams of protein easy peasy! In the olden days (all of last year), I'd use the dry cheese sauce packets from Kraft macaroni boxes and chuck the pasta!
What a great idea!

Latest posts

Back