For Dr K Vets

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
I remember hearing people talking about staying at a certain hotel for recovery after surgery with the good Dr. Do you have any information in that regard? We may be heading that way soon and I am trying to plan/buget get travel/lodging mapped out.

Thanks

I stayed here.
https://www.choicehotels.com/california/los-angeles/comfort-inn-hotels/ca441?source=gglocalai

Older place but comfortable beds and close to good places to eat that are within walking distance. Also pretty good neighborhood. Staff was very nice and I felt very safe. Waldreens is around the corner. Some people stayed closer to Hunington Hospital but I don't know where. It really is about halfway between Verdugo Hills Hospital where Dr. K's office is at and Huntington Hospital. How is Cameron doing?

I stayed here.
https://www.choicehotels.com/california/los-angeles/comfort-inn-hotels/ca441?source=gglocalai

Older place but comfortable beds and close to good places to eat that are within walking distance. Also pretty good neighborhood. Staff was very nice and I felt very safe. Waldreens is around the corner. Some people stayed closer to Hunington Hospital but I don't know where. It really is about halfway between Verdugo Hills Hospital where Dr. K's office is at and Huntington Hospital. How is Cameron doing?
Thanks Barb.

He is still in a lot of pain after the emergency appendectomy late Monday night early Tuesday morning. He has had so many pain meds over the last 5 years they don't work for him.

Which hospital did you go to, Verdugo Hills or Huntington? I think he does surgery both places and wasn't sure which is a better hospital.

I was at Verdugo Hills but it is a older hospital with the look and feel of a nursing home! If I had a do over I would ask for Huntington! I've heard it is very nice and more like a spa! @Charris can you give him more info?

So sorry to hear about Cameron. He has had more than his share of health issues. I haven't had time to breath latley so I haven't been checking the forum. I am so glad Dr. K is helping out. If anyone can help Cameron it will be him! Good luck.

I was at Verdugo Hills but it is a older hospital with the look and feel of a nursing home! If I had a do over I would ask for Huntington! I've heard it is very nice and more like a spa! @Charris can you give him more info?

So sorry to hear about Cameron. He has had more than his share of health issues. I haven't had time to breath latley so I haven't been checking the forum. I am so glad Dr. K is helping out. If anyone can help Cameron it will be him! Good luck.
Yeah we have been very busy as well. Hope your hubby is doing better.

Thanks for the info. I will see if we can do Huntington

@Barb & @DSRIGGS Yes I would definitely go to Huntington. It is gorgeous. It looks like a resort. When my uncle came to see me he said that where the upper crust goes. Anything I have done will be there. I'm sure Verdugo is easier for Dr. K since his office is there but Verdugo doesn't hold a candle to Huntington. My room was spacious and accomadating. It's harder to get booked over there in comparison to Verdugo. But it's well worth the wait. My insurance didn't accept Verdugo as a center of excellence. So poor me l was forced to go to Huntington. Lol

Last edited:
@Barb & @DSRIGGS Yes I would definitely go to Huntington. It is gorgeous. It looks like a resort. When my uncle came to see me he said that where the upper crust goes. Anything I have done will be there. I'm sure Verdugo is easier for Dr. K since his office is there but Verdugo doesn't hold a candle to Huntington. My room was spacious and accomadating. It's harder to get booked over there in comparison to Verdugo. But it's well worth the wait. My insurance didn't accept Verdugo as a center of excellence. So poor me l was forced to go to Huntington. Lol
Thanks for the information.

Cameron's surgery, although having a modified RnY component, is not a bariatric surgery so the Center of Excellence designation won't matter. Dr K is heading out of town for a few weeks very soon so this surgery could happen as early as this coming Friday or the following Monday, so we shall have to see what we are able to do hospital wise as far as available OR time. Dr K's schedule and OR availability will dictate which hospital we use, IF, Dr k is able to do the procedure before leaving town for two weeks.

Latest posts

Back