Food situation

Charris

Now an angel
Well I talked to the kitchen manager and am pleased to say that breakfast, lunch and dinner where protein packed. I dont know what tomorrow will be but Either way I'm gonna be ok. I'm Getting ProCore protein shakes with each meal 26 grams of protein per shake.

Then the protein fairy sent me a very nice variety protein filled care package. I had my daughter go to store as well and she brought me 15 packs of tuna each kit has 11 grams of protein. I was going to have her go shopping this weekend. She goes to work at 4am and doesn't get home till 7 so didn't fill like doing full grocery shopping. She and my family are so amazed at how concerned, caring and involved a group of people are and most of us have not met. I LOVE YOU GUYS YOU ARE THE BEST. Spiky Bugger I KNOW MY MOTHER IS IN HEAVEN THANKING GOD FOR PUTTING YOU IN MY LIFE!!!! You find out and get right on the job!

Tomorrow I will be off isolation for cdiff

Yes! Glad you are getting help getting protein.
We’re family here...we care about each other and how they are doing. Meeting in real life isn’t necessary to truly care. It’s great when we get a chance but even if we never do, that’s okay.

Your daughter has a tough work schedule. Tuna is a good choice. A small jar of peanut butter so you can dip a spoon it it for a quick bite is another option. Beef jerky or Slim Jim’s also work. (Trying to think of stuff not requiring fridge space).

Well I talked to the kitchen manager and am pleased to say that breakfast, lunch and dinner where protein packed. I dont know what tomorrow will be but Either way I'm gonna be ok. I'm Getting ProCore protein shakes with each meal 26 grams of protein per shake.

Then the protein fairy sent me a very nice variety protein filled care package. I had my daughter go to store as well and she brought me 15 packs of tuna each kit has 11 grams of protein. I was going to have her go shopping this weekend. She goes to work at 4am and doesn't get home till 7 so didn't fill like doing full grocery shopping. She and my family are so amazed at how concerned, caring and involved a group of people are and most of us have not met. I LOVE YOU GUYS YOU ARE THE BEST. Spiky Bugger I KNOW MY MOTHER IS IN HEAVEN THANKING GOD FOR PUTTING YOU IN MY LIFE!!!! You find out and get right on the job!

Tomorrow I will be off isolation for cdiff

Just to set the record straight. I’m not THAT Protein Fairy. But I know the secret identities of a couple of protein fairies. What I do is spread gossip rather effectively. And sometimes I read minds, but I usually charge extra for that.

Does getting out of isolation mean you will now have to out up with a roommate? Roommates in a SNF can be VERY...uhm...interesting. Maybe if you eat enough WRONG-for-DS food and your poop becomes toxic, they’ll put you back into a private room. Just a suggestion. LOL

Just to set the record straight. I’m not THAT Protein Fairy. But I know the secret identities of a couple of protein fairies. What I do is spread gossip rather effectively. And sometimes I read minds, but I usually charge extra for that.

Does getting out of isolation mean you will now have to out up with a roommate? Roommates in a SNF can be VERY...uhm...interesting. Maybe if you eat enough WRONG-for-DS food and your poop becomes toxic, they’ll put you back into a private room. Just a suggestion. LOL
Funny I was wondering that. Hopefully not one of the staff had to leave early because of low stats.

I know you were not the protein fairy but since they messaged me in private I didn't know if they wanted to be put out there.

If your daughter shops at Costco, ask her to pick up the canned chicken. It's so different from regular grocery canned chicken it might as well be from a different bird. Really good quality chunks, packed in water but not watery. Makes great chicken salad. I add sliced green olives, DianaCox adds relish.

Now that im off isolation I can go to the cafe and order right there and tell them what I want. Im trying to get the manager to understand I dont need 2 entire meals I just need extra protein. But if thats all he understand im going to shut up and continue to pull the protein out and throw the bread away.

I remember a post a long time ago about Jesse Jackson Jr going to prison and them meeting his nutritional needs.

FUNNY AS I'M TYPING THE CAFE MANAGER COMES TO CHECK HOW WAS MY LUNCH AND WHAT I WANTED FOR DINNER.

Oh ok. I recieved 1 care package so far. It will probably be coming soon. I got groceries from Walmart and a Boston Market meal from my 1st fairy. Im telling you my daughter cant believe how much you guys from the site do and have done for me for the last 6 years of keeping me alive and healthy.

I love this group. They stopped me from having a surgery that the dr told me I would not loose weight with and hooked me up with the BEST. Then whenever I got into medical trouble they harassed whoever needed a fire kit under their butt to get me better and keep me alive. HELL THE PEOPLE IN THIS GROUP TREAT ME BETTER THAN MOST OF MY FAMILY.

Latest posts

Back