Food Journal & Poo Sausages Weds 19th Feb

huneypie

Wannabe
This is one for @DianaCox "Would YOU eat sausages made from BABY POO? :poop: Spanish scientists say they boost good gut bacteria - and even taste good"... so no need to make friends with a skinny person, just a small chubby one!! :)
article-2562973-1BA40AE400000578-93_154x115.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...st-gut-bacteria-taste-good.html#ixzz2tnI1hlaU

Which reminds me that I must try the buttermilk I just got delivered (I've never tried it before).

B Decaff protein coffee (30)
S Cheese (10)
S Yogurt (5)
L Macaroni cheese (35)
S Cashews (10)
D Chicken Kiev (30)
Protein total (120)
F 72+
V All in (inc 7 calcium batches) nightime iron, vit C & copper & strontium batches pending

Sensational headline writing, of course:

"So the researchers, led by Anna Jofré, a food microbiologist at Catalonia's Institute of Food and Agricultural Research, in Girona, Spain, took stool samples from the nappies of 43 babies aged up to six months old.
They then used bacteria cultured from the stools to make type of fermented sausage called 'fuet', which is similar to chorizo.

They also made sausages using commercial probiotic strains of bacteria - but the only sausage with enough 'good' microbes to have any beneficial effect on gut health was that made from the baby poo."

They ISOLATE and CULTURED strains of bacteria isolated from baby poop, and then added the bacteria to ferment the meat, just like is traditionally done with sausages.

Where do you think the bacteria and yeasts in your probiotics started from, anyway? And in the other fermented foods you eat, such as cheese, yogurt, sour kraut, wine, vinegar, bread, etc.? Dirt, poop, skin - you name it, you've already eaten it.

"So the researchers, led by Anna Jofré, a food microbiologist at Catalonia's Institute of Food and Agricultural Research, in Girona, Spain, took stool samples from the nappies of 43 babies aged up to six months old.
They then used bacteria cultured from the stools to make type of fermented sausage called 'fuet', which is similar to chorizo.

They also made sausages using commercial probiotic strains of bacteria - but the only sausage with enough 'good' microbes to have any beneficial effect on gut health was that made from the baby poo."

They ISOLATE and CULTURED strains of bacteria isolated from baby poop, and then added the bacteria to ferment the meat, just like is traditionally done with sausages.

Where do you think the bacteria and yeasts in your probiotics started from, anyway? And in the other fermented foods you eat, such as cheese, yogurt, sour kraut, wine, vinegar, bread, etc.? Dirt, poop, skin - you name it, you've already eaten it.
I never thought about it enough to realize it! I'm so grossed out, yet I really *shouldn't* be :13:

B- quest bar- 20
S- buffalo chicken salad- 30
L- bologna & cheese sandwich on low carb pita- 30
S- shake- 24
S- chicken meatballs- 20
Planned Dinner- grilled chicken & grilled vidalia onions- 35
Total- 158

ah, science. we are all just star dust and we are eating somebody's poo.

so, what did you think of the buttermilk Huneypie? I've never tasted it - grew up drinking "skim". do they even use that word anymore?

today I did well with water, food and exercise :w00t:

it's not over yet, however. evening (often a problem) still pending!

I didn't realise that's how you got cultures. Thanks for the info.

I had a taste of the buttermilk and it tastes like sour cream. It's 2% fat... I'm not sure what to do with it really. It says on the pack that it can be used for things like making pancakes but I'm not really in the mood for baking, IDK :)

ah, science. we are all just star dust and we are eating somebody's poo.

so, what did you think of the buttermilk Huneypie? I've never tasted it - grew up drinking "skim". do they even use that word anymore?

today I did well with water, food and exercise :w00t:

it's not over yet, however. evening (often a problem) still pending!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back