Food Journal Mon 13th Jan

huneypie

Wannabe
Hi y'all, busy day today and no time for the usual nibbling. Luckily I had an insane amount of parmesan!! :D

Hmm... hungry now, best get dinner on soon.

B Protein coffee(30)
L Spaghetti bolognese & LOTS of parmesan(50)
D Chicken Kiev(30)
S Cheese(10)
Protein total(120)
F 72+
V All in (inc 6 calcium batches) nightime iron, vit C & copper & strontium batches pending

Be careful tho...most of us get clumpy coffee unless the coffee is a bit cooler and the protein is premixed with creamer (your favorite)

Okay
B#1 Yogurt/butter coffee
B#2 French toast (ONE piece drowning in egg mix and fried in butter)
S: A deviled egg (made them up this morning)
L: Leftover pot roast.
S: 5 mini crab cakes
D: 3 meatballs and a quarter twice baked with extra cheese & bacon
S: baked cheesesticks
S: frozen yogurt
Vites all done

Last edited:
What's a protein coffee??? :)

you might want to experiment - I love coffee and find the way folks add protein can sometimes taste terrible to me, but they like it.

and butter sounds horrible to me, but I suppose I could try it....naw. I sometimes put heavy cream in it and that's good.

MONDAY!

get serious on water intake, which is turning out to be more of a challenge than I expected. turns out when I am busy drinking too much coffee and eating I just don't have time/room!!

today: 60 oz of water and PLAN so tomorrow I can cut down to 2 cups of coffee.

Jackie, if you sit at a desk like me then ensure you have a full bottle on your desk. As soon as one glass is finished I pour the next, even if I've only just finished one. It makes you more inclined to start the next glass sooner.

sadly, work is not water friendly. I am on the move all day (which is good, overall) but there is no "place" I have. there are desks and they are all messy with laptops (probably we are killing them by stacking them and having them heat up - crappy computers, anyway) and cords and coffee and water and papers and schedules and so on. chaos!

also, it's HARD to find time to go to the bathroom. BAD JOB! :mad:

My protein coffee "recipe":
Mix generous scoop of Chocolate protein powder with milk in a blender bottle and then shake like hell, put under the keurig that's spewing out Folger's Caramel Coffee. Drink and thank God for it- every morning without fail! I never get clumps or lumps- unless I don't shake it up well enough.

On protein coffee I find it best to mix my cool liquid (water, milk l, 1/2 & 1/2) and the protein powder first the slowly add to my hot coffee.

If it clumps up it's a disaster.

Jackie I struggle daily with water. I know I drink too much coffee but it goes DOWN so much easier.

Protein Coffee

brew a pot of your favorite coffee - we like chocolate raspberry (you can also brew chai tea and use in place of coffee)

In a 20 oz blender bottle with wire ball, add 2 oz of heavy whipping cream and 2 oz of cool water, or 4 oz of half & half, a packet of Truvia or Splenda, a couple of dashes of cinnamon, and a heaping scoop of Syntrax Nectar vanilla protein powder.
Shake about 5 seconds to blend
Pour the protein slurry into a huge mug and fill to the top with coffee
Sir to blend and enjoy!

Since I'm taking my coffee on the road I keep the slurry in the blender bottle and carefully add hot coffee through the spout, close the top and gently tilt a couple of times to blend. (do not shake with the hot coffee inside)

Always add hot liquid to cold protein slurry to keep the protein from clumping.

Always check the ingredients of a protein powder before you buy it to ensure the first ingredient listed is whey protein isolate. Don't trust the splashy label on the front.

Latest posts

Back