Financing surgery costs

Amey

I'm not sure this is the right forum but if it's not I'm sure the powers that be will move it.

Larra gave me very good advice to go with whichever surgeon could get me in soonest and that made the most sense economically and logistically. I am currently talking with both Dr Simper and Dr Ks office.

First let me say that I wasn't really counting on any surgery expenses...The current holder of my approval does not charge a program fee and the hospital will let me make payments on my max $1000 out of pocket. The hospital is 30 minutes away so there was never a concern for motels or travel expenses.

What's that saying about moving my cheese....

I have found myself in a position where I need to change surgeons.

I have received a loan offer from the financing place on Dr Ks website... But I'm less than happy with their interest rate... Although there is no prepayment penalty. The loan would cover travel and the Dr Ks program fee. As of today Kristina has not had time to go over my plethora of medical information that I emailed this weekend... Totally understandable.... But Dr K can't say whether he would take me as a patient until that's done. I would be looking at early to mid June for a surgery date.

Dr. Simper would be consideably more affordable at less than half of the cost needed for Dr K. Dr Simper is only a 4 hour drive away and I wouldn't have to stay in a motel for 2 weeks. And he is scheduling for 2-3 weeks out and already said he would taje me as a patient last year but Christina is going to double check for me to make sure that hasn't changed. However.... I would still need to fund his fee, my out of pocket max, gas, and motel for a companion for about 4 days. Their finance company doesn't like me (bankruptcy with divorce 4 years ago).

Soooo..... Does anyone have any good recommendations for medical financing? I don't own my home... I'm one of those that think home ownership is overrated lol. My bank doesn't do signature loans with a credit score under 720. And no... I don't know anyone that I could borrow it from.

I'm not desperate... Yet.... I'm just covering the what-ifs. I'm not stressing.... Just doing my research.

Thanks for your help!!

The company that approved the loan offer on Dr. K's site won't allow you to switch doctors. Those companies are independent they don't usually just approve loans for 1 certain doctor. You got approval it should be good for another medical dr. Have you checked with them?

I left a message with the guy I talked to about it but it was late so I hope I'll hear back tomorrow.

Yes! The finance company will allow me to use the funds for Dr. Simper!! Happy Happy Dance!!!
Good I knew it didn't sound right that they would not. That's what I'm talking about you need to calm down and quit creating extra stress to yourself. Think things all the way through. Also please get your copy of the psychological and see their recommendations. CALM THE F*** DOWN. YOU GOT THIS!

Good I knew it didn't sound right that they would not. That's what I'm talking about you need to calm down and quit creating extra stress to yourself. Think things all the way through. Also please get your copy of the psychological and see their recommendations. CALM THE F*** DOWN. YOU GOT THIS!
The psych exam doesn't say anything about recommendations.... However he somehow felt it necessary to report that I have been married 5 times and had a child out of wedlock and that my sister is an alcoholic. However...I don't show any signs of anxiety or depression despite my family history or past promiscuity. Yea.....

What an A** hole! You said you had 2 done what about the other one? I really can believe he felt that those were pressing issues for Weight loss surgery. He probably has a few dummy Evals done and he plugs information into the one he thinks best fits. JERK!

Yea....he's special. He asked me to do some multiplication in my head and spell *world* backwards and if I could remember what I had for dinner the night before and he gave me 4 words to remember at the beginning and asked me repeat them at the end. Other than that he was mostly interested in my kids, husbands, why I got divorced, why my parents got divorced, and he asked me how I felt about the current situation of the world. He never asked me why I think I got to be so heavy or what kind of coping skills I have or what my support system is or what plans I have in place to replace eating habits.....things you would think would be important.

I can't get a copy of the other evaluation. The psychiatrist that did it doesn't work for the same clinic and they are claiming he took all his records with him when he left and won't tell me where he went and he doesn't come up on Google other than his old clinic. I get the impression they didn't split on amicable terms. I'm not sure his eval would be much help anyway....We mostly just BS'd for an hour about guns and hunting and he offered to prescribe me klonopin if I wanted to transfer that part of my care to him. My PCP prescribes 3-4 mg of klonopin at night for me to sleep. I have never taken more than 3. Incidentally....I had a friend that went to him that is bi-polar and he just kept throwing really expensive meds at him to see what would stick. Most of them had to be pre-authorized by his insurance company and when he went to the ER because he couldn't wake up and was slobbering the doctors there hadn't even heard of most of them (he was on 3). He spent a week in the hospital de-toxing off the concoction. My impression of him is that he gets lots of kickbacks from Big Pharma and pushes whatever gets him the biggest check. I wouldn't trust what he wrote anyway.

Latest posts

Back