Endoscopy whine

i take Protonix twice a day also. Hope it works better for you. So @DianaCox let me know when your ready to take advantage of that pool you pay for! After all it is 150 degrees in the shade here. lol
Let me know when you'd like to come over - preferably late afternoon so we don't end up being turned into chicharrones!

Let me know when you'd like to come over - preferably late afternoon so we don't end up being turned into chicharrones!

hahaha @DianaCox and Chicharrones! Any weekend day is good for me. Any weekday after I get off work at 530 is also an option. Also if you prefer to just swim inside we can always go to LA fitness and take advantage of the air conditioning. I pay an additional 20 per month to be able to take 2 people with me every time I go. There is a really nice one off the I10 freeway and Dysart, not too far from you. There may even be another one closer to you.

So just let me know when and where you prefer and I'm there.

Interesting and probably unrelated: we have an inversion table I never used at the old house, and it got stashed away. Charles set it up on our patio here.

I tried it out last night (for my neck and upper back), and immediately felt some minor pain in my lower abdomen. After about 5 min inverted (and palpating my guts a bit), I had to go poop (it was not the pooping time of day for me), and it was a big one. I think the inversion helped move a slight blockage (I was still slightly uncomfortable from the disruption in my routine for the endoscopy, but also have been having some aggravation of IBS symptoms lately). And I felt truly "empty" afterwards, for the first time in a while. So just a tidbit for anyone who might be helped by an inversion table.

Interesting and probably unrelated: we have an inversion table I never used at the old house, and it got stashed away. Charles set it up on our patio here.

I tried it out last night (for my neck and upper back), and immediately felt some minor pain in my lower abdomen. After about 5 min inverted (and palpating my guts a bit), I had to go poop (it was not the pooping time of day for me), and it was a big one. I think the inversion helped move a slight blockage (I was still slightly uncomfortable from the disruption in my routine for the endoscopy, but also have been having some aggravation of IBS symptoms lately). And I felt truly "empty" afterwards, for the first time in a while. So just a tidbit for anyone who might be helped by an inversion table.

Every time I go see Dr K he tells me to get an I version table to get off the pain meds. He said he uses one everyday for pain and it works.

You don't have issues with this (from Wikipedia)?

During an episode of acid reflux, small amounts of stomach acid may manage to escape from the stomach and into the oesophagus. Typically, gravity minimises this upward leakage but combining an inversion table and acid reflux can be a painful, nauseating, and potentially dangerous combination.[2]

I don't do mornings - my routine is very particular - lots of strong coffee with lots of creamer first thing in the AM (usually 7 am), with intermittent pooping (also have a bit of IBS). Followed by breakfast between 9-10.

Did the doc say anything to you about coffee? Coffee and soda pop are two drinks that make GERD worse. If you can't live without coffee you might try cutting back on the coffee drinking a cup of it after you eat. A gastroenterologist once told me to drink green tea instead (yuck).

*edited

Last edited:
Well, then, I win...because I've had c diff and have GERD/relux, thanks to the LapBand, for about 15 years. AND, I have been "dicking around" with my doctor's office, the pharmacy and my insurance for THREE WEEKS, trying to get my Rx for Prevacid Solutab filled. That PPI dissolves in the mouth and that is, for me, a more reliable delivery system. I finally got the damned drug tonght.

AARGH....

@Spiky Bugger - There are Prevacid Solutabs???? I need to call my doctor's office. NOW.

Not for the 5 min I was inverted. My esophagus was not inflamed at all, so my esophageal sphincter is probably pretty strong. But thanks - I didn't know or even think about it.

Not having coffee would be the option of last resort, both for me, and every living thing in my immediate vicinity. My esophagus is OK, and the only time I have heartburn (almost always on the rare occasion when I forgot to take my PPI) it is in the evening. I'm not sure what's going on with the gastritis - I'm actually hoping this is untreated H. pylori. Still waiting for the biopsy results.

There are! They are not easy to acquire. My now 5 year old daughter took them as an infant for silent reflux. Was so much easier to administer than syringe-fuls of liquid meds.

@Spiky Bugger - There are Prevacid Solutabs???? I need to call my doctor's office. NOW.

Be prepared to state that you have tried "step therapy." I had all the partially used Rxs sitting here...aciphex, protonix, omeprazole, ad nauseum...literally.

Your insurance company will balk, because $20 v $420. (I pay $5 for one and $10 for the other.)

Also...there is no reliable info that they cause dementia, HOWEVER...BARIATRIC SURGERY + PPIs + AGING are all contributors to the thing I'm dealing with, SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth.) There is insufficient stomach acid to get food processed enough to move from small intestine to large, and it sits there and ferments.

Not good.

Also, there is a fairly horrific "withdrawal" process...and it may take 2–3 months of just dealing with bad, bad acid when you go cold turkey off PPIs. So, use as little as possible, then titrate yourself on down, gently.

Last edited:
Not for the 5 min I was inverted. My esophagus was not inflamed at all, so my esophageal sphincter is probably pretty strong. But thanks - I didn't know or even think about it.

Not having coffee would be the option of last resort, both for me, and every living thing in my immediate vicinity. My esophagus is OK, and the only time I have heartburn (almost always on the rare occasion when I forgot to take my PPI) it is in the evening. I'm not sure what's going on with the gastritis - I'm actually hoping this is untreated H. pylori. Still waiting for the biopsy results.

Since the dental hygienist and my hairdresser have to do handstands to work on me, it was right at the top of my list...

@DianaCox

I hate to keep winning, but I'll see your endoscopy and raise you a colonoscopy.

And not until July 21st, so you get to hear me whine for 3 weeks+!!!

Jello, anyone?

Latest posts

Back