Do you litterally mean "sip, sip, sip"?

Brandy

Freddled gruntbuggly
I am on day 9 and doing fine. The above question is one I first thought of when talking those first painful walks after surgery. It seems like something I'm working on now is not to gulp drinks. It is getting easier, but seems built into my very muscles to pick up a glass and glug it 4 times. I'm working on picking up a glass and taking one sip and then putting it down. But I realize, that if I did take 3 sips, I would probably get more liquids inside.

So, does "sip, sip, sip" mean "you will do best if you take three small sips every time you take a drink" or does it mean "you will get all your liquids in just fine if you just keep at it."

Thanks!

The latter. Get in as much liquid as your body allows. Don't limit it to a sip if you can do more comfortably. Drink what you can. But if you are struggling, you must continue to sip because you need that fluid. Sipping is a way to arrive at the minimum.

it just means sip all day long. I know it was a week before I could get in 64 oz and I had to work at it ALL day. then it got easier.

it's hard to think back to those first couple days but I know after a small sip I would feel that REALLY full feeling like after Thanksgiving Day Dinner - full like you are going to bust.

Latest posts

Back