Do I have to puree...

CiCiBaby

Crabmeat? I mashed it up so it's basically mush. Do I still have to puree it? I'm having a real problem with the consistencies of the puree. I have food texture issues :-( I plan on calling my nutritionist tomorrow but she's already gone for today so I wanted to see what you guys think.

I'm trying to find out if there are foods that I don't have to puree but have a consistency close enough to puree that I can eat. I saw something about scrambled eggs but I don't know if it means to then puree it after scrambling or if it means the consistency of scrambled eggs is ok.

Help!

Thanks from this noobie! (to this site and WLS)

Denise

DS 4/9/2014

Welcome, Denise...

I didn't actually do puree but I DID do soft foods. And who is your surgeon...maybe others here have the same one and can give you some help.

I share your antipathy for pureed anything. Each surgeon seems to have different instructions. Mine did not insist on pureed food, just soft and easy to digest foods. I thik crabmeat is a great choice early out, along with shrimp, scallops, salmon, scrambled or soft boiled eggs, etc. I would not pureed the crabmeat, just take very small bites, chew thoroughly and eat slowly. Stop the instant you feel fullness, no matter how little you've eaten. You can always eat more later, but even one extra bite will be regretted. If you do eat a little too much, just consider it a learning experience and do better the next time.

Latest posts

Back