Diabetes Drug Dangers...

Instead of throwing drugs at diabetes to control it, a better use of researcher's time and energy would be in finding a cure...until then there is the DS. But then again, curing it doesn't create a money stream of income for them.

Instead of throwing drugs at diabetes to control it, a better use of researcher's time and energy would be in finding a cure...until then there is the DS. But then again, curing it doesn't create a money stream of income for them.
^^^ this

I may be a source for all sorts of warnings...via the VA website, I seem to have enrolled in ALL SORTS of info and alerts.

Actos was one I missed completely thank goodness.
I remember asking my pcp at the time because I went off for a while and my glucose shot up. When he put me back on it he said the incidence of bladder cancer in that study went from like 1 in 100,000 to 1.1 in 100,000 (those aren't he numbers nut it was a tiny shift) and that if anything was going to happen cancer wise it would be in 35 years but if your glucose stays this high you wiyears dead in five years. I went back on it and it did help but that was a few years before I had my DS and my numbers did get too high regardless of meds.

I remember asking my pcp at the time because I went off for a while and my glucose shot up. When he put me back on it he said the incidence of bladder cancer in that study went from like 1 in 100,000 to 1.1 in 100,000 (those aren't he numbers nut it was a tiny shift) and that if anything was going to happen cancer wise it would be in 35 years but if your glucose stays this high you wiyears dead in five years. I went back on it and it did help but that was a few years before I had my DS and my numbers did get too high regardless of meds.
I was on 4 by the time I requested that I be put on insulin...my PCP was like, are you sure? Cause once on insulin you don't come off. (well, okay without WLS, that is true) but I was adamant. He got me to an endo, and the first thing we BOTH said to each other was that I needed to be on insulin. He wanted me to do the 70/30. I said, nope I want MDI (multiple daily injections also known as the poor man's pump). He was okay with that and less than 6 months later, he had me on an insulin pump. The ONLY medication I remained on after going to insulin was the metformin.

I was on 4 by the time I requested that I be put on insulin...my PCP was like, are you sure? Cause once on insulin you don't come off. (well, okay without WLS, that is true) but I was adamant. He got me to an endo, and the first thing we BOTH said to each other was that I needed to be on insulin. He wanted me to do the 70/30. I said, nope I want MDI (multiple daily injections also known as the poor man's pump). He was okay with that and less than 6 months later, he had me on an insulin pump. The ONLY medication I remained on after going to insulin was the metformin.
I took metformin, actose, glimeperide and at end some insulin. ..can't remember the name.

The actose worked better than anything

Latest posts

Back