curse you, Triscuits

JackieOnLine

Staff member
I wanted to put this in R&R - it's a rant, after all - but we need more posts on the MB, frankly.

I used to be able to keep Triscuits in my house for when I wanted carbs (and salty ones, specifically) because it was a dull enough cracker I could eat it when hungry, and only when hungry, unlike every other cracker out there; I'm looking at YOU Ritz!

but now? you have 20 bazillionty options out there including the Brown Rice Sweet Potato Roasted Sweet Onion option. I looked up the data and it's only one gram of sugar per serving verses zero, and yet it changed the taste/experience into BINGE WORTHY.

no idea if it's the sugar (as I suspect) or what - but this means I can't keep it in the house. so, curse you!!

BR-tsicuit-onion-01.png

I followed the junkfoodguy link this pic came from and found a post enthusiastic about how healthy this product is. I protest! they took a cracker I could eat when hungry and yet leave when not and added just enough sugar - disguised as healthy, because PRODUCE- that I wanted to eat it and eat more and more and more. RANT!!!!:mad:

Last edited:
I will not be distracted by facts! *shaking fist* :p

that is true of anything one binges on - you don't have to buy it. how are you feeling, Liz?

Um, I'm not as disciplined as you and have tried some of the flavored Triscuits. Most of them ended up in the garbage. They are flavored with artificial flavorings and it tastes like it. Bleh. (Where's the puking emoticon?) The original will do me in; I really like them. But my favorite cereal is shredded wheat, which may explain a lot.

Yep, I am the opposite of disciplined and I hear you about the original texture- it's that same haystack feeling as shredded wheat. I like it, too.

I can just stop eating it if it isn't sweetened.

Oh lord, I LOVE triscuits!!! All flavors, I love that shredded, flakey, salty thing. I do love shredded wheat too, esp the honey nut one. Ugh, I'm in the middle of PMS carb eating. I hate the power carbs have over me!!! :mad:(n)

Wheat thins are so hard it seems as if my teeth are going to break. They are kind of sweet as well. I love, love, love the tomato and basil (I think that's the ones, I know what the box looks like) Triscuits.

Plain Triscuits with a slice of brie. Slows you down, fills you up. Topped with a few plain triscuits just because.

Latest posts

Back