Clemmys ice cream?

Not I, but if I see it at the store, I might. I don't have problems with lactose now, but did for a year or so post op, and took something when I ate ice cream to help. Carb Smart is pretty good too, with lower sugar, but not sure about lactose. Let us know how the Clemmys was.

I found it at Safeway and bought a few. Very good and very rich. Sugar alcohols don't bother me any more so that wasn't a problem but not eating the whole container at one time was so I'm probably not going to get anymore. Not at $4 for 16 oz.

The SA could probably kill me... the associated gas could kill my cat...I would not try it...

I have such bad constipation that I purposely eat things with sugar alcohol in it and it doesn't do a thing for me. Not even gas. I think I've just built some kind of tolerance, not just to sugar alcohol but all kinds of laxative products. Thank god Miralax still works. I have even toyed with buying some of those sugar free gummy bears to see if they would help.

Hey! So I tried it for the first time last night. I think the flavor is peanut butter chocolate chip. It wasn't anywhere near as decadent as my beloved Haagen Dazs, but it was good and definitely did NOT taste sugar free. That being said, I only had half a serving (about 1/4 cup) and I woke up about 4 hours later feeling the gurgling down below and had to head to the potty. It wasn't disastrous, but was definitely a looser than normal experience. I didn't have cramping or gas pains, but again, I ate very little. I imagine that if I ate the 1/2 cup or (as I used to do with my Haagen Dazs) take the whole container to the couch with a spoon, it would've been bad.
So, I dunno if it was good enough to be worth it, maybe in a pinch or if I'm constipated ;)

IF it hurts bad enough, you will give it up. I've given up on ice cream...altho I am doing frozen yogurt. And I AM still taking a lactaid pill. I do know there is milk in frozen yogurt but it doesn't bother me like the really good ice cream.

Latest posts

Back