Cameron: Updated with GofundMe link.

Sounds like he's recovering well. I'm so glad, and you must be so relieved.
Thanks Larra. Relieved is one way to put. When the ER Dr told us that the CT showed a lot of free air in the abdominal cavity and that surgery was on the way to see Cameron I have to tell that is the most scared I have ever been in my life. I was petrified that he had a perforated bowel and that things were going to get really bad. We are all very relieved.

Since it is always something.. Cameron's incision is infected and he has a hematoma under the incision. We knew yesterday it was infected and his PCP started him on an antibiotic. He went to the surgeon's office today where the guy seeing patients today felt the incision and found the hematoma. He took out two staples and then proceeded to clean the clots out of the wound in that area and then packed it with gauze. Cameron said he almost passed out when he looked at the gaping wound. Anyway, the Dr cultured it, told them it will drain a lot and to repack/dress at least once a day and by his Friday follow up they will know if need to go on a different antibiotic. He is on a broad spectrum now.. Frankly I am surprised he wasn't admitted and put on a Big Gun IV antibiotic. Oh well. His live in GF is a nurse at the hospital we typically use and she knows what to watch for.

Oh my goodness, the poor thing just can't catch a break! I'm glad his gf is a nurse so he has someone knowledgeable there to watch over him.

Oh my goodness, the poor thing just can't catch a break! I'm glad his gf is a nurse so he has someone knowledgeable there to watch over him.
Thank you. Yeah, Cassie will take care of him and get him to the ER if need be. When my incision from my DS revision got infected I was immediately admitted and put on a big gun IV A-B. To be fair they also saw air in my abdominal cavity and were watching to make sure it wasn't a perforation of GI tract. Luckily it wasn't. I am fearful that Cameron will end up back in for Big Gun Antibiotic but we shall see.

Nothing is ever simple with Cameron, is it. Better that they opened the wound and let the evilness out, and hopefully that and the antibiotics will do the trick.

Like father, like son. You both need to quit this "one thing after another" bs. The road bumps appear to be getting smaller, but doggonit, it's time to just be well now. Both of you.

Well as you know it has been said in this thread several times, nothing is ever easy with Cameron. He's been having trouble with the wound not healing well and a hematoma under it so earlier in the week two spots were opened to clean out, drain and pack with gauze. He went back to the surgeon today for follow-up and she actually cut it open even more. He went home and when laying down rolled over in a bunch of blood gushed out so he went to the ER. He has been there about 4 hours and finally got in a room and saw a Doc (Dr who actually found his cancerous lymph node for our 2010 Christmas present and he told us Cam had cancer) and at 10 a.m. tomorrow he will be having surgery to repair it because the fascia was damaged. He will be inpatient for a couple days according to Dr Brestadt

Never ends :(

Here is the pic.

32841519_10212783646729102_84321645518389248_n.jpg

I’m sorry - this has to be physically and emotionally exhausting for everyone. Tell him he has a whole bunch of people rooting for him.

I’m sorry - this has to be physically and emotionally exhausting for everyone. Tell him he has a whole bunch of people rooting for him.
Thanks Hon. It is and I do tell him about all of the people who are, and have been pulling for him. My heart just fucking aches for him.......22 fucking surgeries in 23 years and I can't even begin to count the other procedures, ED trips, admissions, stays in ICU and the general misery he has had to deal with. On top of everything he is stressing because this happened the Sunday night before Finals at school (FT student and Full Time CAT Intern) so he is incomplete for those class and was planning on taking summer classes too, and if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid. That means he is racking up medical bills and has no income stream to pay his bills. He needs $5K to magically fall from the sky.

Latest posts

Back