Best Brand Yogurts

I've been making my own, using my http://www.fagoramerica.com/appliances/small_appliances/specialty_cooking/lux_electric_multicooker (think Instant Pot but not the IP brand).

I use
4 cups of HWC (right now still getting the DariGold which is 40% fat)
2 cups of half & half
2 cups of regular whole milk
2 tablespoons of Vanilla

If I want flavors, I add them.

Best pre-made brand: Fage full fat or Liberte (my keyboard won't do the accent over the last e).

But any Greek yogurt is good. I lived off Chobani for several years until I moved to the Kirkland brand. I didn't start making my own til about 5 months ago when getting the Kirkland brand was hard when not near a Costco.

Kroger grocery store has their own brand of Carb Smart yogurt. It only has 5 carbs in it, compared to the 25-40 carbs that are in most yogurts. It's pretty good!

Kroger grocery store has their own brand of Carb Smart yogurt. It only has 5 carbs in it, compared to the 25-40 carbs that are in most yogurts. It's pretty good!
I tried Carb Smart, nasty tasting to me. And I can't pronounce most of the ingredients. My homemade is very simple and I know what's going in it.

Compare the label of unflavored Carb Smart to a Fage unflavored. Carb Smart lists about 9 grams of protein. Fage 2 lists 23 grams of protein.

Hi
What are the best brand yogurts?

What tastes good to one person may be yucky to another. As in the posts above, one person raves about Carb Smart, another can't stand it. Go for the highest protein count with the lowest carbohydrates and what taste good on your tongue.

I find questions about "best tasting" to be either amusing or irritating depending on my mood. (And not just for WLS folk.)

ER - does the vanilla flavor it enough for you? Do you add sweetener when you eat it? I've been trying to get the flavor right when making my own (I'm a vanilla, non-fruity yogurt eater).

ER - does the vanilla flavor it enough for you? Do you add sweetener when you eat it? I've been trying to get the flavor right when making my own (I'm a vanilla, non-fruity yogurt eater).
It does but I added a bit of honey the first few batches til my taste buds adjusted.

I'm avoiding sugar substitutes as much as possible these days and severely cutting the amount of real sugar and honey I use.

I like Oikos. Siggi's is also very good but also a very strong taste takes getting used to.

Like Southernlady, I just make it but don't use anything special, as long as your house isn't meat-lockerish cold. I use similar ingredients as her, or sometimes just whatever I happen to have. I use the probiotic powder that I take as a starter for it and also just flavor it with whatever sounds good to me after.

Like Southernlady, I just make it but don't use anything special, as long as your house isn't meat-lockerish cold. I use similar ingredients as her, or sometimes just whatever I happen to have. I use the probiotic powder that I take as a starter for it and also just flavor it with whatever sounds good to me after.
I need to start making my own yogurt to because I am told that there's a lot more good probiotics in that than there is in the actual probiotics that we buy. Doctor Kay's wife actually made some for me last year when I was out in California getting surgery and she gave me some GM to put in it for flavoring as well as thin sliced almonds. She's such a sweet and smart lady and I'm so damn lazy that I can't get myself to do the yogurt making stuff. Seriously my real issue is I don't know if I would eat all of it up before it went bad, because the stuff is really strong tasting and I do have to mix some stuff in it for me to be able to eat it. So the oil Coast flavored stuff is easy and I really like the taste of it

Latest posts

Back