Back in Hospital

She keeps posting on FB.

Also, I’ve been derelict in my Chariss duties, tired, off and on hot or cold...so today I was informed I have UTI. Well, I told him I did. He asked if I was sure. I said yes, because the pain progresses differently than with Interstitial Cystitis. He has a microscope. I got an attaboy.

Also, he knows Keshishian and the DS, so he started a recommendation with, “Well, normally, we advise...wait...normal? ...and you? ...that won’t work.” I have too many smart ass Armenian doctors...

Well, it has been a REALLY FRIGHTENING horrible couple of weeks.

She WAS in a touch-and-go status for a bit, but has turned that corner. She appears to be recovering.

I don’t have details, but In treating her c diff, she became overhydrated, fluid collected in her lungs, difficulty breathing, then pneumonia, got moved to ICU, and finally on life support for a couple of days. (This makes me especially crazy because, in my experience, pneumonia is treated with antibiotics and, oftentimes, overexposure to antibiotics can cause c diff. So determining treatment must be nightmarish.)

But after a bit, her vitals showed that she was aware of things going on around her. Eventually, she started improving. Last I heard, she was still in ICU, but getting stronger. She was told, and smiled when she heard, that we all cared about her.

Now you know what I know.

Latest posts

Back