Baby, It's Cold Outside

We’ve hit our low point. -2 with a real feel of -25. Winds are 21 mph. We’ve apparently broken a record.
We got window film for the upstairs windows and got them up yesterday before the temperature plummeted. We have storm windows but they are aged and we were feeling drafts so we knew we needed help. And new windows aren’t even close to being in the budget yet.

We’ve been carefully watching the temperatures on the pipes downstairs. Coldest it’s gotten has been 56 on a pipe next to an outside wall.

I made a batch of hot chocolate this afternoon with marshmallows. That along with watching the 1947 version of Miracle on 34th Street helped my Christmas spirit.

Everyone else stay warm. :shiver1::sm frozen::icecube::itscold:

we were expecting a big ice storm and, so far, it's fizzled out at least where I am. still might be freezing rain tonight and tomorrow but if it's like today it's no biggie.

so, I'm not complaining!

Liz, I just saw that movie for the first time last weekend on a big screen and really enjoyed it.

hope to go back to the same theater tomorrow night and watch The Bishop's Wife (have never seen that one, either)

we were expecting a big ice storm and, so far, it's fizzled out at least where I am. still might be freezing rain tonight and tomorrow but if it's like today it's no biggie.

so, I'm not complaining!

Liz, I just saw that movie for the first time last weekend on a big screen and really enjoyed it.

hope to go back to the same theater tomorrow night and watch The Bishop's Wife (have never seen that one, either)
Oh, boy, is your film education sadly lacking.
See if you can find:
White Christmas“ 1954 version with Bing Crosby
A Christmas Carol” 1984 version with George C. Scott
The Santa Clause” with Tim Allen. He’s also made a series
and no list is complete without Bruce Willis’ Die Hard.
There are others like A Christmas Story but we are a divided household on that one. Hubby loves it, I hate it.

I didn't care for A Christmas Story either! maybe it's a boy movie?

I haven't seen Die Hard since it was first out but I remember thinking it was super intense and that Alan Rickman made an excellent villian. so I want to see it again, along with the sequel. sequels??

The 1947 version of Miracle on 34th Street is the best version. I haven't seen it in years. I'll have to see if it's on any of the streaming sites I subscribe to.

I saw The Bishop's Wife Saturday night in a big theater - I was in a party of three and I think there were less than 10 people there total to see the movie. very small town feel!

anyway, I liked it well enough but then yesterday got to see Die Hard again at my friend's house and really enjoyed it. my friend was not expecting to like it (because sexism!) but I said think of it as a "period piece" because the 80s really was a long time ago.

I saw The Bishop's Wife Saturday night in a big theater - I was in a party of three and I think there were less than 10 people there total to see the movie. very small town feel!

anyway, I liked it well enough but then yesterday got to see Die Hard again at my friend's house and really enjoyed it. my friend was not expecting to like it (because sexism!) but I said think of it as a "period piece" because the 80s really was a long time ago.
The 80’s was a long time ago, wasn’t it?

Latest posts

Back