Aspire Assist

OMG. So instead of sticking fingers down your throat, you can suck it out a tube. Medieval. Don't see how that's going to work. The user will just feel hungry again as the water which will go through them. And they will feel intense shame every time they excuse themselves to suck it out while standing over the toilet for 15 minutes as the watch the stomach chyme empty. I can see comedians having a field day with that one.

Last edited:
Sad, wrong, sick. And yuck...

I't's like learning to have an eating disorder.

I wonder what limits it to 30%? And can you do it again in 10 minutes? An hour?

And they say it teaches you to eat better? Not likely! I think it encourages BED.

I saw that and was just puzzled. It seems like the only gain over old fashioned Bulimia is avoiding acid damage the esophagus and mouth.

And now, for a minority point of view...
This definitely isn't for everyone. But there will be some people, even if a small percentage of those who need to lose a significant amount of weight, who will find this both acceptable and effective. It probably wouldn't be what I would choose, but that's no reason it shouldn't be available to others. I love my DS, know that it was the right choice for me, but also know that treatment of morbid obesity isn't a "one size fits all" proposition any more than panty hose ever was.

Years ago, maybe a decade or so, there were several people advocating that we eat whatever we want and just don't swallow. Spit it out. This reminds me of that idea.

Latest posts

Back