Approved! Having surgery November 15th

dahlia123

Holy cow, I am approved! Dr. Sudan is giving me a revision from sleeve to DS on November 15th, no resleeve.' I was so terrified my claim would be denied that I have basically pretended like I'm not having surgery. I haven't done anything to prepare... haven't bought protein shakes, no vitamins, nothing! I am still in shock, and can't believe it's less that 2 weeks away.

Congratulations! I really like the Nectar protein, and you can order your vitamins with plenty of time to spare.

Make sure you are getting a two anastomosis DS, and not a SADI, if that is what you want and expect. Be VERY specific about this when you sign the consent form - make him put it in writing.

Congratulations! Don't worry about running out and stocking up on a bunch of stuff. You won't need everything right away anyway. The first week will be mostly water, broth and sugar free jello. You won't start vitamins for a few weeks. I am happy for you.

What @DianaCox said...and also, don't bother stocking up on protein drinks or powders now because your tastes may change and what you like now may be really yucky post-op. And your body has protein and vitamin stores to get you through the first few tough weeks. Focus on staying hydrated, which is easier said than done.

I haven't done anything to prepare... haven't bought protein shakes, no vitamins, nothing! I am still in shock, and can't believe it's less that 2 weeks away.
As mentioned, don't bother buying ahead. Maybe have a few samples of protein shake options on hand but do NOT stock up.

Also, would you like your surgery date added to the calendar?

@southernlady -- yes, please add me to the calendar.

Don't worry, all- I wasn't planning on buying out the stores in protein powder. I just meant I literally have nothing at home, and I need to start the pre-op diet in a few days. I just ordered the chocolate premier protein (which is my favorite), as well as some unjury chicken soup. I'll probably just stick to those two for as long as I can stand it.

I'm also 100% sure I am getting the DS, my doctor is not known for being shady, and we went over the anatomy in detail at my last visit. I haven't signed consent paperwork yet, but will do that next week.

Thanks for the support! I am so excited.

Congrats! Soon I will be getting the same... VSG to DS by Dr. Seymour, but with Dr. Sudan there as well. I'd love to hear your progress!

Congrats! Soon I will be getting the same... VSG to DS by Dr. Seymour, but with Dr. Sudan there as well. I'd love to hear your progress!

Stefanie, I am doing great! I'm down 45 pounds... lost the first 30 in the first month after surgery, it is slowing down now but still going well.

Dr. Sudan is wonderful. I also had another doctor (a fellow- Dr. Madhu) helping with my surgery under Dr. Sudan's supervision.

Dr. Sudan is very strict about not eating or drinking until you pass gas... it took me 5 days to pass gas, which was longer than I anticipated. I was very frustrated by this, but I do understand his reasoning and respect his opinion on the matter. It was just hard having a long hospital stay.

I can't say enough good things about Durham Regional. The care I received was top- knotch. The nurses and aids were supportive, respectful, caring, and were always there when you needed them. Overall, I had a great experience!

Latest posts

Back