Any DSers Hate Mayo??

Amanda82

I'm still preop but a little worried about soft food stage. I HATE mayo, and most people say they eat chicken salad, egg salad, and Tuna salad during this time. Are there any of you who didn't do mayo? What kinds if things did you eat?

No, the only white creamy substances I like are yogurt and sour cream. I guess I could use one of those? I've never tried chicken salad at all, so I'm not sure if it would taste good with one if those.

Okay, then eat stuff like eggs, very soft deli meats, scallops, shrimp, soft white fish like flounder, or any of the many other things suggested in the various food progression threads, one of which is right below this one at the moment. It's sometimes hard to think outside the box when you get focused on one thing that grabs your attention. There are many things people suggest that have no mayo :).

That's just crazy talk. One of the best things about the DS is not having to skimp on the mayo in my chicken salad, BLTs, artichoke dip, etc. Oh, and heavy whipping cream. And butter.

I suppose you could use full fat yoghurt - but why?

I love mayo- but you can sub full fat greek yogurt for mayo, or sour cream and it does taste good. Fage Total is yummy, sometimes hard to find in the fat-phobic stores- but I can find it in the Whole Foods/organic type stores. Alter your spices to suit your tastes and have-at! Disliking mayo isn't a hurdle :)

That's just crazy talk. One of the best things about the DS is not having to skimp on the mayo in my chicken salad, BLTs, artichoke dip, etc. Oh, and heavy whipping cream. And butter.

I suppose you could use full fat yoghurt - but why?

So Diana, Duke's or Hellmann's??

So Diana, Duke's or Hellmann's??
Jo, in HER neck of the woods, it would be Best Foods (Hellmanns to us Easterners!)

Me, I AM a Duke's gal...even to the point of having it sent to me when living in places where it can't be bought in the grocery store.

I don't like the taste, smell or consistency of mayo on it's own, but I do like it to bind together a chicken/egg/tuna/potato salad. Give it a shot one day, you might like it that way, but if not, then use full fat Greek yogurt and/or sour cream if you need it.

sour cream and seasonings of choice might work together. I could see doing a soup mix dip thing with half yogurt and half sour cream in place of mayo for this purpose.

I don't hate mayo, I really like it but, for some reason, I hated all salad type stuff (chicken, or egg salad) early out. My taste buds were so wack! I have been back to liking everything for quite a while now, it really lasted just a couple of months. I ate a lot of eggs with avocado, cheese, sour cream, you know what I mean! The soft food stage was a struggle for me. I was hungry and wanted to eat then nothing tasted good or didn't sit well. It barely seems like a blink now.

Jo, in HER neck of the woods, it would be Best Foods (Hellmanns to us Easterners!)

Me, I AM a Duke's gal...even to the point of having it sent to me when living in places where it can't be bought in the grocery store.

Serious Duke's girl here, too - would you believe that when I moved to Sydney I discovered our local grocery store (Woolworth's) carried it?!?! I was SO excited! Then a few months later they stopped carrying it due to sales. I almost felt like throwing a going away party for it, heh. I miss it!

Latest posts

Back