Another Update (Almost 10 Weeks Post Op) & A Thank You!

mike727

Had DS on 12/10/15
First I want to say thank you to everyone in this group. I really owe you guys everything. I didn't know anything about the DS until I found this group. People like @Larra and @DianaCox helped me especially early on.

Here's my current update on my weight loss, though first I want to say that honestly the numbers on the scale can't compare to how I feel now. I have so much more energy, I'm working out lifting weights again, I'm walking everyday. My business is picking up steam now that I can really put in the time and focused energy.

The other day I remember thinking that I'm actually happy. It wasn't like I didn't think I was happy before and maybe I was. But, it just felt... different. Like there's a peace in my life that didn't exist before. I think a big part of it was the stress and strain I'd felt about "letting people down" because of my weight regain (I once lost 255 pounds only to gain in back over a few years).

Now, I'm just happy being me. I don't even care that I'm not at a goal weight yet... I am enjoying life again and living. I am planning a trip to Las Vegas with my wife in May and I'm not even thinking about buying an extra seat because I know I'll be even smaller by then.

Anyway, I could write forever on this, but here's the numbers:

I had my DS surgery on 12/10/15 but started the pre-op diet 3 weeks before that on November 19. Since that day I have lost 100 pounds (from 493 to 393)! I am also back in the 3's... a number I haven't seen since 2013. I owe a lot to you guys here sharing all of your diet wisdom. I am doing my first labs next week and look forward to seeing what tweaks I need to make. With your guys help, I know I'll figure that out as well. Thanks to everyone here for sharing and caring!

If you're on the fence about this surgery, I can only say my experience has been wonderful. Had a few rough days right after surgery coming down from the anesthesia but honestly I would do it again every year to feel like I do even this close out.

Thanks for reading and be blessed!

Congrats on your success, and esp on the improved frame of mind. Mo creeps up on us, and we don't always realize how much impact it has on our lives until we lost weight. Keep up the great work.

Great to hear, Surgeversary buddy! I can really relate to the feeling of impending happiness. Being overweight has been the bane of my existence and now that I can see a day when I don't really have to worry about that anymore, it's like I have a whole new existence to discover.

Latest posts

Back