AH, CRAP!

So am I correct that you had green shit for St Patrick's Day? LOL

Poop early post-op for a DSer is a lot like blind dating. You never know what you're going to get until you see it. You just have to remember what you ate, so you don't freak yourself out. Smoked fish smells like smoked shit. I kid you not. It doesn't seem to have enough time to change smell before it's expelled. Totally normal. And corn. My brother coined the phrase the corn should be called "see you tomorrow" because that's what happens when you eat it. But we're talking about a grown man who thinks its funny to take photos of his porcelain achievements, naming them. Bowl curlers, air turds, he's got the corner on poop jokes. He even once had a competition with his friends to see who could poop in the strangest place. He won. Photo evidence exists of him using a porta-potty near a major intersection in our home town.
Our daughter, an only child, lived in a co-ed dorm her first two years of college. She still (and she's pushing 40) hasn't recovered from hearing one or another of her (male) fellow dorm mates call all the other guys to the mens' room to observe the great turds just produced. She had no idea men act that way.

Our daughter, an only child, lived in a co-ed dorm her first two years of college. She still (and she's pushing 40) hasn't recovered from hearing one or another of her (male) fellow dorm mates call all the other guys to the mens' room to observe the great turds just produced. She had no idea men act that way.
It is sometimes hard to believe that men and women are from the same species, lol.

I use an air freshener in a pump spray bottle and it is almost empty. I am going to make this and reuse that bottle. I will get the DH used to using it right away. If he doesn't want to use it then after I get the DS I will refuse to use it until he does. Hehehe.
Haha! I tried to explain to DH how to use the Poo-Pourri, just in case he thought it was like an air freshener. He cut me short with a horrified look on his face. No way will he use it!

DS shit is often white/yellow/pale because we often don't have gallbladders...so they are ghost poo! Also they float so you are now to be cursed with the beige jobbie whose job it is to float like a cocrk no matter what you throw at it.

Curse the gallbladder!!! The wound that is infected is the lap one in my belly button where they went to get my gb! The big arse wound is happy as a clam! And....floaty white poop for the win!

From the DIY link...

It works because the essential oils create a physical barrier, trapping the stinky smells below.

BUT...you would have to stand there with a stick and STAB the poo into little bits to make it find its way to "below." DS poo floats. So things that put down a layer of oil to hide what is "below" do not work for DS poo.

From the DIY link...

It works because the essential oils create a physical barrier, trapping the stinky smells below.

BUT...you would have to stand there with a stick and STAB the poo into little bits to make it find its way to "below." DS poo floats. So things that put down a layer of oil to hide what is "below" do not work for DS poo.
Mine doesn't float!!! Am I not far enough out or what?

Mine doesn't float!!! Am I not far enough out or what?

I buy into the "it floats because of the fat it contains" school of thought.

You've been losing weight rather effectively...hmm...do you eat lots of fat? @kirmy and I made a food server a little crazy because she kept trying to give us artsy-fartsy little plates of butter that was...artistically pumped out of a cookie press or something...but we seriously wanted butter. No, that's only SOME butter...a teaspoon or two. We need much, much more than SOME butter...we need BIG butter.

My normal steak recently is a 12 oz ribeye which I don't finish, and which has 31g of fat (and 91g of protein), and then the baked potato shows up with butter and sour cream and I always ask for more butter. The more I eat that way, the less upset my gut is, the less bloating there is and the more floaty the poo is.

Maybe science-y person here, like @DianaCox or @Larra or @slimshady or @kirmy or...actually most anyone but Spiky Bugger... can explain why. (I only took Physics for Social Science Majors and all I know is why we "pump" on a swing to go higher and faster.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back