AH, CRAP!

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

Taking a long scenic route!
So, seriously, lets talk crap. You know you wanna!

I had serious watery stools for a month straight, made scary green by a broccoli incident! Then all of the sudden today BAM and I have to push and I never feel quite done.

Also, when does it start to stink? Like, my crap ALWAYS stinks but so far it is way less than my normal "perfume" lol. The only time it REALLY REALLY stunk was with above broccoli incident, and it was between a cow and horse...not nice...but since I've been home, it hasn't been bad at all. Do some people escape the stench or is it just a matter of time before it catches up with me?

Also, today...it was a light brown with white....very pale. Sorry if that's tmi and disgusting lol but I just need to know my crapper is working normally :)

CHEERS!

You're still very early out. Now that you're eating more food, your bowels will continue to change. And yes the stink will come. Again, it has to do with what goes in.

Stay away from veggies right now - you're too early out for veggies.

Carbs will make it stink... wait 'til you're further out and have got brave enough to try carbs... please hold off for at least a year if you can. :)

The first few months after my revision were a who's who of poo colors and consistencies. It gets...better?...in time. And yes, the stink will come back in time too. I was great in the beginning too...very unstinky and not at all what the DS horror stories were. Sadly those days are long gone and I think some days I can be easily confused for a biochemical warfare weapons factory if I make bad food choices. The pregnancy isn't helping either :p

Veggies and dense proteins were murder to me for the first 6-8 months. Go with soft easy proteins if you get put under threat of eating or else. Baby that sleeve (if you were resleeved when they did the DS) and those intestines.

So am I correct that you had green shit for St Patrick's Day? LOL

Poop early post-op for a DSer is a lot like blind dating. You never know what you're going to get until you see it. You just have to remember what you ate, so you don't freak yourself out. Smoked fish smells like smoked shit. I kid you not. It doesn't seem to have enough time to change smell before it's expelled. Totally normal. And corn. My brother coined the phrase the corn should be called "see you tomorrow" because that's what happens when you eat it. But we're talking about a grown man who thinks its funny to take photos of his porcelain achievements, naming them. Bowl curlers, air turds, he's got the corner on poop jokes. He even once had a competition with his friends to see who could poop in the strangest place. He won. Photo evidence exists of him using a porta-potty near a major intersection in our home town.

It sounds like you and I are experiencing the same thing right now. All mine have been the color you described and today I had a hell of a time going. I was so freaked out this morning! I could wait to get some feedback and recommendations on what to do!!! I am almost four weeks out. This certainly is new territory, isn't it!?!?!

I bought the poo-pourri and haven't used it yet. I assume you like the way it works...
Unfortunately, mine got pretty stinky pretty quickly soon after I got out of hospital and started eating actual food (mush though it was/is). Thankfully for my family, I was prepared and had Poo-Pourri and ZorbX ready to go, lol. They have no idea how considerate that was of me! :)

I bought the poo-pourri and haven't used it yet. I assume you like the way it works...
It's effective, but I do find the Lemongrass smell quite overpowering. My oldest son always complains about it, although I have assured him it's better than the alternative! I have found a recipe for a home-made version, though, and apparently it doesn't matter which essential oils you use. So, when this lot is finished, I'm going to have a go at making it myself.

Last edited:
:flowers:
It's effective, but I do find the Lemongrass smell quite overpowering. My oldest son always complains about it, although it have assured him it's better than the alternative! I have found a recipe for a home-made version, though, and apparently it doesn't matter which essential oils you use. So, when this lot is finished, I'm going to have a go at making it myself.
Maybe you could share the recipe... Pretty please.

Latest posts

Back