AH, CRAP!

The only spray they works for me is Lysol all the other sprays make it smell like fruity or flowering sh!! Lysol kills my smell

The only spray they works for me is Lysol all the other sprays make it smell like fruity or flowering sh!! Lysol kills my smell
Oh boy, I dunno how you tolerate Lysol, I can taste it when it's sprayed in my presence. Blech!
I bought a pack of these recently, I think they work really well and the incensey smell wasn't too strong to make me nauseous (which incense sometimes does). The only drawback is that you have to hold it while it burns, because it's so small that if you put it down it will just go out, but since I'm usually sitting in the bathroom for a while, it doesn't matter to me!
https://www.incensematch.com

I buy into the "it floats because of the fat it contains" school of thought.

You've been losing weight rather effectively...hmm...do you eat lots of fat? @kirmy and I made a food server a little crazy because she kept trying to give us artsy-fartsy little plates of butter that was...artistically pumped out of a cookie press or something...but we seriously wanted butter. No, that's only SOME butter...a teaspoon or two. We need much, much more than SOME butter...we need BIG butter.

My normal steak recently is a 12 oz ribeye which I don't finish, and which has 31g of fat (and 91g of protein), and then the baked potato shows up with butter and sour cream and I always ask for more butter. The more I eat that way, the less upset my gut is, the less bloating there is and the more floaty the poo is.

Maybe science-y person here, like @DianaCox or @Larra or @slimshady or @kirmy or...actually most anyone but Spiky Bugger... can explain why. (I only took Physics for Social Science Majors and all I know is why we "pump" on a swing to go higher and faster.)
That's it! I am definitely not getting enough fat, it makes me ill. I keep trying different things and will eventually find something I can tolerate. I will then have floaty poop too.

That's it! I am definitely not getting enough fat, it makes me ill. I keep trying different things and will eventually find something I can tolerate. I will then have floaty poop too.
I don't know that you HAVE TO EAT animal fat, though. But I likes me a good steak and I loves me some butter. Deal is, we need SOME fat to make everything run smoothly and to keep skin and hair from drying up and there is a lot of fat in things like ribeye steaks. The floaty poop, as I understand it, is evidence that you are malabsorbing +/- 80% of the fat you ingest. Assuming that you had a regular old DS, sinky poo probably means you are not eating much at. Whether the amount you are eating is "enough" is a YMMV kind of thing.

Terri I too had trouble with Fat making me ill right after surgery. I found I could do small amounts of butter and then ranch dressing. Even now 5 months post op, I can do butter and ranch dressing without issues, but I can only eat small amounts of animal protein, small amount of heavy whipping cream and small amounts of sour cream. Cheese I can do with no problem, so I look to eat the higher fat cheeses. Things like bacon and sausage are still to greasy for me, so I avoid them. I have learned to put cheese or ranch on many things. I was a cheese lover before surgery but was not a big ranch fan, so I have learned to eat it, to get in my fat. I am hoping the further out I get the more I can do other types of fat.

Latest posts

Back