about wine and tea

JackieOnLine

Staff member
never enjoyed wine much as a pre-op but now I like it off & on. I find my taste in wine really varies with how I have been eating: the less sugar I eat, the more I find even semi-sweet wines too sweet. when I was doing well with eating, I really liked some of the red wine grown around the Rogue Valley.

just now my eating has been Not Good and so I drink sweeter wine when I have some. I have a bottle of apple wine in the fridge right now; it's good but pretty sweet.

right now I am drinking black tea (with almond milk and honey) which sadly I can't drink black without getting nauseated. I think this is odd because I can drink VERY strong coffee on an empty stomach and no problem.

I love this site (all their products are organic, btw) for buying tea and I have some black, some green & some herbal from them. my favorite non-caffeinated tea is this

Organic Masala Chai Rooibos

Our organic, Fair Trade Certified Masala Chai Rooibos blend offers soothing herbal qualities combined with the "zip" of masala chai spices, including cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla. Rooibos (pronounced ROY-bus), grown in South Africa, is known to be one of the more relaxing beverages one can brew.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a sweet tooth and would only consider something extremely sweet... think along the lines of Asti Spumante or a Perry (they're not too far from juice).

Right now I make do with flavoured water (very similar to Crystal Light).

what happened to me, post-op, is I lived on syntrax nectar stawberry-kiwi for months...and it tasted great. then I decided I wanted to give up fake sweeteners and I switched to nectar naturals - which tasted weird to me at first. then I got used to that and the original syntrax tasted weird.

kind of forgot what my point here was o_O I guess you adjust to whatever you are eating. or drinking.

:p

ironically, I went off to post about my bad memory and forgot what i was thinking here!

I had a sweet tooth pre-op but it went away after surgery. for over a year! I sort of got it back, but eating sweets! but I feel like it would go away again if I stopped with the sugar. in other words, I can now imagine not wanting sweets again.

Try some liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti (or Amarone from the book). It came highly recommended by Dr. Lector!

Last edited:
Mmmmm rooibos is a delightful taste. Unfortunately, it doesn't like me :-(.

An Afghan restaurant opened in my tiny town last year. There I discovered the best beverage in the world is Afghan green tea. I have tried a bunch of other green tea options. NONE of them taste even remotely the same. That stuff is awesomeness squared.... beverage, healing tonic, fragrant cosmetic elixir.... MMMMM.

You are talking my language with the tea. I followed every bit of advice from my nephrologist to avoid recurrent kidney stones, and the oxalate in tea was contraband. But tea, and my beloved chia? Will not forsake it. That nephrologist will have to pry my tea out of my cold dead hand. It's quite possible I will be dead from the worlds largest oxalate kidney stone, but so worth it.

Latest posts

Back