8 weeks post op...what?

I want my cake and to eat it too! I know my time is coming. It's just nice to pretend that I will get to keep this schedule with no stench. I know, there is no free lunch!

I will PM you if I run into trouble, thanks for the offer! I am taking 2,000 mg calcium a day. The only vitamin I am not taking yet is the B-complex and I am not up to 300 mg of iron yet. I am taking everything else that Vitalady recommends though. Plus, the Carafate 4 times a day (which can be constipating) and Prevacid twice a day. With all the shit I have to take on an empty stomach it's a wonder I have time to eat at all.

I've got the vitalady schedule, but I was wondering how everyone is working up to the full amount of vits a day. Any suggestions?

I've got the vitalady schedule, but I was wondering how everyone is working up to the full amount of vits a day. Any suggestions?

Slowly. Start with one multivitamin and some calcium plus maybe your B12. Add one pill at a time as you can tolerate them. I was able to add them fairly quickly. Then I had to back down a bit for a week. Still can't tolerate the B-complex. I am not fussed about it. I will take them when I can. If you have more questions, post a new thread in the vitamins forum so that the experts will be more likely to see. ;)

Meh. B Complex wasn't my problem. I take it before my calcium, which seems to cork it down so I don't get the famous burps. B-12 is great for energy, but if you're tired, look at your iron first.

New, your guts aren't mature yet. Just like a fine wine, a DS gut must age to have that pungent auro that can make a skunk run. Give it time and when ready, carbs...no problem LOL

New, your guts aren't mature yet. Just like a fine wine, a DS gut must age to have that pungent auro that can make a skunk run. Give it time and when ready, carbs...no problem LOL

BWAH!!! I was pretty impressed by my first post-colonoscopy dump. Practically smelled like roses after such a good cleanout!:bounce:

Latest posts

Back