3 months out

Mermaid

Treading Water
I am 3 months out today from Lap-DS and thought I'd drop in and say hello.

I feel good. Finally. No complications, just felt awful: tired, nauseous and generallly blah for the first 10 weeks. I went back to work at 6 weeks, I was in slow motion for a while.

My only real issue was at 3 weeks out, I ended up needing IV hydration because the nausea/dehydration cycle was a losing battle.

About 2 weeks ago my energy picked up and I finally feel like myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm still tired when I get home from work but...it's a million times better than I was.

Weight loss:
2/15 Start at pre-op 239 lbs BMI 41
3/9 Surgery day: 228.2 BMI 39.1 (-11 on 2 week liquid diet)
4/9 213 BMI 36.6 (-15 lbs)
5/9 199.9!!! BMI 34.3 (-13.1 lbs)
6/9 188.2 BMI 32.2 (-11.7 lbs)

OVERALL LOSS TO DATE: 50.8 lbs
Since surgery: I am down 40 lbs.

I am able to eat 70-90 grams of protein a day. But...Sometimes it's hard to find protein I want to eat/buy/cook. I may be developing food ADHD. I get bored with the same foods. I'm tired of chicken and pork chops. I want easy to grab snacks.

Lessons learned:
1- I have no business eating cake or frosting. The painful bloat is not worth the sugar. The bathroom Day that follows is not worth the sugar. Nothing is worth the sugar.

2- Beer and anything, do NOT make a meal. Bubbles and solids are a bad mix in a tiny belly. Plus, I don't need beer this soon out from surgery.

3- Lobster tastes better than beer anyway. Lobster with butter is the perfect DS food. Very high protein and delicious fat. Living in Maine is good for something.

I would do this again in a heart beat. I feel more normal at 3 months out than I ever felt with the Lap-Band.

Cheers,
Mermaid

The wheat or hops in the beer can stay an issue. Dh switched to hard apple cider for when he wants something but he is 6.5 years out

I am absolutely one of those people who has to learn by doing. A million warnings are great, then I'm still sitting there thinking "I can have a piece of cake and it won't hurt me." No permanent damage was done.

I expect to make a ton of bad choices, the next one won't be a repeat of rainbow frosted cake...but the unicorn poop was fun colors the next day.

Latest posts

Back