17-year vet with a "hello" and keto question

I am probably a terrible Ds'er. I eat what I want whenever I want and pretty much dont care about the smells. As long as I get enough protein that's all I care about. I don't care how many carbs I eat...S*** stinks and I don't have any one I sleep with to be offended.. EVERY time I go to Dr. K He yells at me because this chick here ABSOLUTELY LOVES FRUIT! So as long as I'm not having diarrhea I honestly eat multiple servings of fruit and vegetables a day. When I notice my scale creeping up I drop the carbs for a couple of weeks and the issue resolves. I stay around 150-155 and will go as high as 170-175. I would like to be around 130 and know what I need to do to get there but hey it's not that serious to me. I figure I'm old and I wear a size 7 or any medium I'm good. I look decent in my clothes. Plus Dr.K always says in his perfect world everyone would be at least 10 pounds over weight ESPECIALLY older people. He says then if you get sick you will have a better chance at making it with that bit of intial extra weight.

Lord knows this group and Dr. K have worked OVERTIME TRYING TO GET ME AND KEEP ME TOGETHER. LOL

Hi Jen...It's me Gail!!! Wow it has been years. I am struggling with the Anemia too. I did have little regain and my daughter does the Keto Plan so I have dabbled in it. But I found just cutting back on the carbs and snacks...the weight comes right off again :) I still like my bread and found that David's Killer Bread Thinly Sliced satisfies my bread/sandwich cravings. Would love to hear from you!!
Admin note: edited out email address. Please use conversations to share that. To start a conversation, click on the person’s profile, an overlay pops up, then go to Start a Conversation.

gail
143/356
DS 9/2001
Dr. Bob Rabkin in SF

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back