You'll never stop being fat!

That's partly why I don't get weirded out at the top of my normal BMI range. While being "normal" is nice, I know that as I age, there may be things that happen that cause me to drop...and having a wee bit of padding helps.
there may be things that happen that cause me to drop...and having a wee bit of padding helps.

Even at younger ages as well. Somebody we know from the old place is with Dr K this week getting some diagnostic testing as well as a PICC line inserted for TPN so they can get strong enough to have the same type of revision I just had. The person was told if surgery was done today there is a chance they would not survive.

Sorry but I can't share who this person is.

Even at younger ages as well. Somebody we know from the old place is with Dr K this week getting some diagnostic testing as well as a PICC line inserted for TPN so they can get strong enough to have the same type of revision I just had. The person was told if surgery was done today there is a chance they would not survive.

Sorry but I can't share who this person is.
Even if you can't share...we can swing chickens, think good thoughts and hope that person gets to the point of being helped.

Even if you can't share...we can swing chickens, think good thoughts and hope that person gets to the point of being helped.
Agreed and I am sure the person will appreciate it. I know I am sending positive vibes

You may still be "fat" now, but it's possible your will become 'normal' sometime in the future. Once you have gone through several ups and downs, you begin to realize that this is how the DS works sometimes. It occurred to me (not to long ago) that I no longer had that "hating self" voice talking to me anymore. I'm am over 13 years out...maybe it just takes time.

You’ll never stop being fat.

You heard me! I said you’ll never stop being fat!!!

This was an incredibly touching read. After my VSG, I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop. And now it has. In fact it has dropped and crushed everything in its path. I am trying to stop the self talk where I punish myself for being a failure. It's coming. I saw my family doctor in a shoe store the other day. I've been avoiding him. I was hiding behind a rack of clothes (the only thing in the store that fits me now are the shoes, so the clothes didn't hide me so well) hoping I wouldn't be seen. I think that I am so much of a failure that I won't even see my family doctor. This person who supported my decision to do the VSG, would most likely support me in a revision. Why do I let myself worry about this?

I agree, we are always fat. After I had lost 90 lbs post VSG, I remember being at an event where I had to wind my way through a room around tables and chairs, you know the emotions and stress that can go with that. The time you take hovering at the edge, planning your route and then setting off hoping no one moves their chairs while you are on your way to your destination. Or always hoping for a chair at the edge or at the end of the row so you don't have to struggle through. Even when I was 90 lbs lighter, I still went through the same exercise in my head. I could squirm through smaller spaces, but I didn't see that. I never saw myself that way.

T.

Latest posts

Back