Well, dammit.

Spiky Bugger

My BIL just died.

He’s been trying a long time. But lately, he was okay. He was here, at our house <48 hours ago. Brought in a couple of fans they borrowed when their ceiling collapsed. Sat down and visited a bit. Now he’s gone. He was two months older than I.

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your loss. One lesson 2020 has reinforced is how precious and fleeting life can be. We must tell the people we care about How we feel because we never know if we will get another chance to so. My condolences to you and your family.

My condolences to your family, especially your sister.

I know you meant he’s been trying to die for a long time, through circumstances and non-compliance. It’s amazing and wonderful that he lasted as long as he did.

Big non-Covid hugs for your sister. And to you - I know you loved him too.

My condolences to your family, especially your sister.

I know you meant he’s been trying to die for a long time, through circumstances and non-compliance. It’s amazing and wonderful that he lasted as long as he did.

Big non-Covid hugs for your sister. And to you - I know you loved him too.

Yes. He’s been part of my life for 50 years.

He was a horse’s ass regarding taking care of himself. He didn’t NEED to lose all of his teeth in his 30s. But if you have horrid oral hygiene practices, that kind of thing happens. He didn’t NEED to suffer from ulcers for over fifteen years. I told him, repeatedly, about h pylori, but he insisted that HIS ulcers were from some other cause, so there was no point in looking into THAT. The ONLY thing that got him to finally seek care for his totally screwed up mess of a cardiovascular-pulmonary disaster was that he could not walk enough to golf. (And there were other, earlier signs that a NOT pig-headed person would have investigated. But not him.). He’d leave the house EARLY every morning to go to the golf practice center…and smoke. For years and YEARS after he was diagnosed with BIG problems. After his first vascular surgery. He just INTENTIONALLY did dumb shit.

So, yes. I loved him, too. And, like my sister, I was frustrated, too. But I knew he wasn’t intentionally hurting his family, he was just…I dunno…afraid of dealing with reality.

Latest posts

Back