VSG or RNY

@Purple Frog I couldn't remember which post I replied on (there were so many ;) ) so I just posted on the DS vs VSG thread by more2adore with a little bit more detail. I'm sorry this ended up on a thread that was totally unrelated, I wasn't even paying attention to the title when I clicked through the new posts and saw the last one on the thread and replied to it. My better explanation is on here http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vsg-vs-ds-sydney-aus.1520/

What are you thinking now?

And yes the key to weight loss and maintenance is almost always low carb. No matter what surgery you do or don't do. Sugar is the enemy. But it's everywhere.

You said you are Hispanic. I live in Vegas and probably half my friends are Hispanic of one flavor or another and I love the food but tortillas with every meal..... OMG. I like the Mission Low Carb tortillas. They are NOT like mama used to make but they are edible. One of my friends regularly eats tortillas stuffed with mashed potatoes. I predict a diet in her future. But they are tasty. And every single one of my friends and their family drink tons of sugary drinks of one kind or another.

I often shop at Hispanic grocery stores and you see very few to no SF products. This plus what I wrote above makes me think the Americanization of the Hispanic diet is going to lead to a massive epidemic of diabetes in the community. But that's just my opinion.

If I was you, and I've been thinking about this, I would still hold out for the DS. In the past a few DS surgeons have been known to routinely deny the DS as too extreme. But the patients who came back well informed and willing to defend their position got the surgery they wanted.

Latest posts

Back