Vitamin K2: MK4 vs MK7. What is recommended?

TheVitalady regime I followed going in to my DS had me take them together. About a year out it was suggested to me to move the calcium away from everything else. With 4 doses of calcium a day, and spacing things at least 2 hours apart on either end, I do seem to be taking something all day. No big deal, though.

TheVitalady regime I followed going in to my DS had me take them together. About a year out it was suggested to me to move the calcium away from everything else. With 4 doses of calcium a day, and spacing things at least 2 hours apart on either end, I do seem to be taking something all day. No big deal, though.
Thanks

I take them four at a time twice a day.

Based on what you had told me I also separated them, but, I've got to say, it's been a pain in the butt taking pills seven times a day. And now I'm going to add Proferrin (I have low iron, too) so I'm not quite sure when to take that. Apparently, it's not supposed to be taking with Vitamin C. Don't know if it's OK with calcium. Seems to be.

I think I may just stick with the Vitalady regime as it is and take the Calcium with the other stuff for the next few months and see what happens. Although since I'm increasing my D, iron, switching to Jarrow and adding K2 it will be hard to figure out what's what.

If we just knew exactly what worked!

Based on what you had told me I also separated them, but, I've got to say, it's been a pain in the butt taking pills seven times a day. And now I'm going to add Proferrin (I have low iron, too) so I'm not quite sure when to take that. Apparently, it's not supposed to be taking with Vitamin C. Don't know if it's OK with calcium. Seems to be.

I think I may just stick with the Vitalady regime as it is and take the Calcium with the other stuff for the next few months and see what happens. Although since I'm increasing my D, iron, switching to Jarrow and adding K2 it will be hard to figure out what's what.

If we just knew exactly what worked!
Here is my schedule:

1. First thing in the morning Protonix, Probiotic, Multi, A, D, E and K (copper or zinc ...I switch it up)
  2. Couple hours later Zinc (1//2 day dose) or copper depending on what I took with first batch
  3. 1-2 hours later Cal Citrate (half of daily dose) & it has copper and couple of other things in it
  4. Dinner Time Protonix, Multi, A, D, E, K and zinc
  5. 2-3 hours later Cal Citrate

I've been taking pills twice a day for 12+ years and so far, so good. I do try to take my thyroid pill in the middle of the night when I get up to go pee, but the rest of them get downed in two batches.

You have to come up with a regimen that not only works reasonably well, but is easy enough to actually FOLLOW consistently.

I've been taking pills twice a day for 12+ years and so far, so good. I do try to take my thyroid pill in the middle of the night when I get up to go pee, but the rest of them get downed in two batches.

You have to come up with a regimen that not only works reasonably well, but is easy enough to actually FOLLOW consistently.
And do your two batches include calcium? Have you ever noticed a difference in labs when the batches included calcium or didn't?

I always take my calcium together with the other pills, twice a day. I get iron infusions, so I don't worry about conflict, and my labs now say my iron, copper, zinc and PTH (and thus calcium absorption) are all fine.

I always take my calcium together with the other pills, twice a day. I get iron infusions, so I don't worry about conflict, and my labs now say my iron, copper, zinc and PTH (and thus calcium absorption) are all fine.

Hi Diane, I always appreciate hearing from you. Since I already take my iron first thing in the morning with C and cooper and apart from everything else, my main concern was with whether Calcium interferes with our other supplements. It's reassuring to hear that you don't seem to have that issue. I've heard so many mixed things about it and my head's dizzy. I'm pretty much on the Vitalady regimen except I separated out the Calcium three times a day so that meant I was taking pills 7X/day. A bit overwhelming. I'll try putting the calcium back with the other stuff and see what happens. I'm also switching to primarily Jarrow so that might make a difference. Also, will be taking mag citrate with every calcium dose, upping my D3 and adding K2. Doing so because my PTH was 74, D was 32 and I still get constipated without Miralax (and I don't want to keep taking that stuff).

Latest posts

Back