Vitamin K2: MK4 vs MK7. What is recommended?

Marquis Mark

My three month labs are trickling in. I'm basically following the Vitalady regimen. My D is only 32 despite taking 70,000 iu/day (up from 31 when I was taking 50,000/day). My PTH is up to 74 (from 58 right before surgery). Magnesium is 2. Calcium is 9.4.

I've read a lot on these boards about the benefits of K2, but I'm not sure if i should be taking the MK4 or MK7? And what should the dose be? And when should I take it (i.e with what other supplements?

All thoughts welcome!

If this were me, I would be taking 100,000 to 150,000 dry D3 daily and get retested in a month.

Also, it's MK-7 you want.

Yes, I'm going to increase the D to 125,000 but my understanding is that the K2 helps in it's absorption. Do you know that the dose of MK7 should be? Also, does it matter what other supplements I take it with?

Also, can anyone comment on whether it would be better to take these sub lingual or not?
I really don't know, but I jumped on the band wagon and just ordered some at Amazon. I ordered the bio-tech brand. I did see the sub lingual by superior source. I think it's cheaper too

I really don't know, but I jumped on the band wagon and just ordered some at Amazon. I ordered the bio-tech brand. I did see the sub lingual by superior source. I think it's cheaper too

Prices are very tricky because you have to compare dosage and quantity. K2's very pricey so I've got the calculator out. At the moment, her'es the best deal, I thinkl:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QD4PHQ?keywords=now mk-7&qid=1458273415&ref_=sr_1_1_a_it&sr=8-1

Sign up for the Subscribe & save discount. You can always cancel once it arrives.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Belzberg Buddy,

Good to hear from you! So you take 280/day? Any particular reason why both capsules and sublinguals? Has the K2 made a difference in your other levels, that you can see?

I think you need to take your d to 150k min daily. 37 is barely in range and d is definitely one you want to be high end of range.. Basically triple where you are today

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think you need to take your d to 150k min daily. 37 is barely in range and d is definitely one you want to be high end of range.. Basically triple where you are today
37? I wish! 32 and that's after increasing it 50‰ from last time when it was 31. Yep, it's definitely going turbo until I can get it where it needs to be. Hoping the K2 might help also...

Damn it, I've just bought this too. Plus a trial to prime fresh. I'm so easily led.
Pam's Vitacost deal is even better, but they're out of stock right now. If you just ordered the Amazon, you should be able to cancel before they ship.

37? I wish! 32 and that's after increasing it 50‰ from last time when it was 31. Yep, it's definitely going turbo until I can get it where it needs to be. Hoping the K2 might help also...
Yeah get the 50k and take 3 or 4 daily. It takes a while to get the D up. It is much easier to Tampa down rather then trying to get levels up..so d is one to error to the heavy sude

Hi Mark! No scientific reason why I take both. More about my cost cutting tendencies. I bought the sublinguals from Vitacost on a BOGO deal and since my target was around 300 mg /day, I just combined with the more expensive capsules.When I started taking my calcium away from my D and added the K2, my D went up to the high 70s. I take 100,000 IU/day and another 50,000 every third day of D. Not sure If it was because I separated the calcium or added the K2, but I'm just sticking with that!

Hi Mark! No scientific reason why I take both. More about my cost cutting tendencies. I bought the sublinguals from Vitacost on a BOGO deal and since my target was around 300 mg /day, I just combined with the more expensive capsules.When I started taking my calcium away from my D and added the K2, my D went up to the high 70s. I take 100,000 IU/day and another 50,000 every third day of D. Not sure If it was because I separated the calcium or added the K2, but I'm just sticking with that!
So Pam are you saying that you were taking your calcium citrate at the same time you were taking your D and then you started taking the calcium alone?

I have as always taking my cal citrate by itself. Usually a few hours after my dosage of A, D, E, K multi and zinc.

Latest posts

Back