Update on my SIBO and Xifaxan

star0210

It's a freaking miracle!
The daily bloating is GONE and so is the constipation!!!
I've been going several times a day (even had D a couple of times) and no longer have that full feeling like I'm never emptying out.
We've been on vacation since the 5th and we fly home tomorrow.
I'll have to see what happens when I get back to my normal routine. I haven't been taking my vitamins as regularly on this trip and I've had too many carbs...mainly in the form of fruity alcoholic drinks but my food hasn't been that bad although I've likely not had enough protein. The chef on the sailboat did an amazing job catering to our low carb request. We weren't the only ones with special dietary requests. Another lady was gluten free and allergic to garlic and another lady was lactose intolerant and doesn't do dairy.
So of 8 guests on the boat, 4 of us had special dietary needs and she accommodated us all. Amazing!

But it is soooo nice to not gave to take so much stuff to go enough and to not look 8 months pregnant everyday.

While it's more common to have chronic diarrhea I've learned through reading different things and joining a SIBO group on FB, that having constipation instead is more common than one would think.

If you suffer from chronic constipation and severe bloating despite clean eating, ask your doctor about SIBO.

So glad it's clearing up for you (& it sounds like you had a nice trip too :) )

Awesome! Were you able to establish some kind of correlation of what made it get better so that you can keep duplicating it?? or did I miss that part of the post?? Sometimes I'm a little sssllloowwwww, so if you did, please excuse my latent stupidity ;)!

Last edited:
That is great news and I will remember this if I wind up with your symptoms--congratulations!

It's a freaking miracle!
The daily bloating is GONE and so is the constipation!!!
I've been going several times a day (even had D a couple of times) and no longer have that full feeling like I'm never emptying out.
We've been on vacation since the 5th and we fly home tomorrow.
I'll have to see what happens when I get back to my normal routine. I haven't been taking my vitamins as regularly on this trip and I've had too many carbs...mainly in the form of fruity alcoholic drinks but my food hasn't been that bad although I've likely not had enough protein. The chef on the sailboat did an amazing job catering to our low carb request. We weren't the only ones with special dietary requests. Another lady was gluten free and allergic to garlic and another lady was lactose intolerant and doesn't do dairy.
So of 8 guests on the boat, 4 of us had special dietary needs and she accommodated us all. Amazing!

But it is soooo nice to not gave to take so much stuff to go enough and to not look 8 months pregnant everyday.

While it's more common to have chronic diarrhea I've learned through reading different things and joining a SIBO group on FB, that having constipation instead is more common than one would think.

If you suffer from chronic constipation and severe bloating despite clean eating, ask your doctor about SIBO.

I am glad you found relief.

Awesome! Were you able to establish some kind of correlation of what made it get better so that you can keep duplicating it?? or did I miss that part of the post?? Sometimes I'm a little sssllloowwwww, so if you did, please excuse my latent stupidity ;)!

The antibiotic Xifaxan to treat the SIBO.
It's a two week course which I will finish in the next couple of days. Time will tell if it will return or how long it will take to return. My GI doc said it usually comes back and when it does he'll prescribe another round.

Latest posts

Back