tired and brain fog

Buy some Mio/crystal light squeezy things and keep them in your purse. I hate the taste of water, too. Set an alarm and make yourself drink every hour or something. You can do it! I have faith in you. :)

How are you feeling today, Jackie? Please keep a log your liquids for the next couple of days as helpful reminder to keep on track. Please also fill a pitcher with something yummy to drink and keep it in the fridge to make it easy to drink. Wishing you the best!

you are right - I should keep track for a bit. today was better in the morning and then my work day was chaotic (I mean, worse than usual) and everything went pear shaped. I'm going to go make tea now.

you are right - I should keep track for a bit. today was better in the morning and then my work day was chaotic (I mean, worse than usual) and everything went pear shaped. I'm going to go make tea now.

Have we discussed perimenopause/menopause?

Otoh...today, I almost dialed 911 for breathing issues. I think the allergies clogged stuff up and from the nose to the lungs, it was just not working well. Since the morning weather lady can't get through a broadcast without being rescued with water for her coughing, and she blames allergy season, I may be doing that.

Any chance that in your new location, allergies that you never knew you had are interfering with breathing, oxygen, that kind of thing?

Last edited:
@JackieOnLine , you have too much going on not to get to a doctor quickly. Please tell me you have an appointment with a gp or plan to go to ER today! Don't wait for the weekend to come and doctors' availability to dwindle. The breathing and thinking issues could be related to a common cause. I had a friend die from an asthma attack in her sleep at age 38 after complaining of similar symptoms. It happens. This worries me greatly.

wait, what? my breathing is fine!! I am just dumb as a box of rocks, feels like. Spiky - you OK?

Have we discussed perimenopause/menopause?
frankly, the perimenopause went on for years and years (like, ten!) and I think it's FINALLY officially over. but that's why I started on hormones back in Oregon. I have no idea if they have helped, made things worse, or had no affect at all.

Spiky - hope your breathing is back to normal. your thinking, sadly, is probably much better than mine despite the fact that I am younger. :mad0214:

and i got in enough fluid yesterday but working at it - plan to do that again. don't worry, my problems are not acute.

and neither is my hair. *eyeroll*

Jackie,

March 2015 Good Housekeeping has an article on what to do about brain fog. If you can't find it...and when I am less loaded...maybe I can scan those pages.

Latest posts

Back