tired and brain fog

JackieOnLine

Staff member
I know I need to get labs done but it's so hard to get anything done and that's been true for a long time. help me think of all the reasons I am having trouble. as soon as I get a vet lined up for the dogs (because I will need one at some point) my next project is finding a doc/whatever locally and getting labs. I now have health insurance but the thought of trying to understand it just overwhelms me. hell, just getting through the day overwhelms me.

I am dehydrated! since I moved to Nevada I have been shocked at how my urine is dark, like early morning urine, but all day. and yet, I keep bringing my water bottle to work and still not drinking. gah! :angry3: I am having trouble getting this post finished!

Ack...that's not good!! Drink!!
You also want to make sure they do a full iron panel. The brain fog and fatigue are classic symptoms of anemia. But could be from dehydration as well!

With those symptoms...I think getting labs drawn and seeing a doc needs to be your top priority over anything else including a vet for your dogs who don't need one today.
YOU need a doc pronto!

good point. I got myself some good tasting Syntrax Nectar Naturals (since water just doesn't taste good) and I'm going to get in fluid today and start asking people about doctors here.

my thoughts are like pinball - keep boinging around! - but I was thinking how much easier my life would be if the dogs could be loose in the backyard, but they have to go out on leashes so they don't eat cat poop, which makes them sick...so I need a vet...so...on and on.

I'd better go to work.

I am intimidated by the whole find a new doctor thing and am afraid I will let her/him just order what labs THEY think are necessary. and I know I need to know what is necessary and make that happen.

also, last time I saw a Nurse Practitioner (in OR) she started me on hormones (estradiol and progesterone) and now I can't even remember WHY I wanted that. I think it was the same issue: poor memory and brain fog in general, tired.

@JackieOnLine I can't drink plain water much anymore. We've discussed the alternatives some on here, and I think we both feel bothered by using too much artificial stuff, but I tell myself that if I'm staying well hydrated, as opposed to the opposite, the artificial crap is worth it. I'm still trying different things, but use some koolaid if that shit helps!

amen - they have some shit koolaid stuff at work I have had - today it is a good protein drink and more. today I hydrate!!!!!!!

just had two cups of coffee so now I can function and get dressed and go to work. if I can get off the internet...

Print out a list of the labs you need drawn and bring to whatever doctor you find. Do your best to explain your situation and tell them that these are the tests you need....if he refuses..let him draw what he will...at least it's something and a start. If things come back out of whack, it may prompt him to do additional testing.
If not...make that the last time you go to THAT doctor.
If what you can get drawn doesn't give you the answers and there are important things missing, assuming there is a lab near you, I can help you with that.
Just please address it now and don't put it off.

Jackie take care of yourself first! You need to make yourself the top priority! I am having the same thing with trying to get all info together for my PCP. Luckily I have had her since 2010 but I still continue to educate her about the lab tests needed.

I think trying to get and educate a PCP should be a priority just as much as keeping hydrated, protein and vitamins.

Just getting through a day overwhelms me also. It seems everybody is constantly busy doing something and there is not enough hours in the day. I find I am writing more notes for reminders but I don't know that it helps!

It looks like you're already aware of the top 2 brain foggers that I think of - hydration and hormones.

Considering you have a sleeve, I'd be less paranoid about many deficiencies, but still should be checked. Have you had thyroid checked? I'm hypo, and can tell I need an adjustment in levothyroxine when I'm foggy and sluggish.

We drove down through Utah to AZ this past month, and were both shocked how much the low humidity affected us. We were both whining that the inside of our noses hurt, apparently from the lower humidity, and despite carrying water with us at all time (and at least I was drinking far more than I usually do). I kept drinking more, yet never peed. I'm not sure my solution would be good for some as my blood pressure is low and I have no issues with sodium, but I ate salty snacks like salted almonds and beef jerky to kick my thirst into gear.

Sorry I don't have better ideas, but when you get it figured out let us know what the dealeo was.

Jackie, please plan to go to a PCP (any PCP will do for a start!) or ER ASAP, depending on how you feel, and get this addressed. You are worth it and I don't want to read that you've been in a car accident because you lost consciousness due to brain fog. We care about you. Please look after you!!!!

And besides...if you keel over and the paramedics haul your ass out of there, your doggies will go wherever the county (or city) takes them. Take care of you first, so this doesn't happen, k?

y'all are sweet - I drank a lot more fluid today and am about to have more. found a PCP and will call. then I'll get a vet.

Just getting through a day overwhelms me also

that's just not right, is it?

and how the hell is it I can be capable of sitting here with dark urine and posting to someone else "how much fluid are you getting in" because I know it's important, duh! but you think, OK, I need to get in more fluid and two seconds later the thought is just gone. :cautious:

Latest posts

Back