The "Goldilocks" VSG to DS Conversion

Still Waters

I am down from 290#, in January. I first met with my surgeon in June, in the mid 280# to 273#, as of today. I am 5'9" and have a goal weight, at the top of my healthy range of 170#. The low end is around 155#, but I would look freakishly thin, as I have a big head! lol

My question is about the measurements for VSG to DS conversion. The surgeon was not overly positive about altering the size of my Sleeve, originally a 32 f in 201o. I still eat smaller portions, so any reduction would be noticeable. We have agreed to work from a 60 f bougie to avoid the scars of prior stitching, with more of an emphasis on reshaping the barbell-shaped stomach.

I have read many accounts of use of 50-60 f on VSG conversions with 100 CC. In a way it seems to put me back at maintenance, with further weight loss a result of my food planning and the malabsorption VS. higher restriction for a year, AND the new DS. Is this a reasonable conclusion? I want a "Goldilocks" surgery....not too BIG, not too SMALL, but JUST RIGHT! :)

Good luck with that! Now I'm hoping for you but this is really a crap shoot. No two DS are the same. A 100cm CC is reasonable and many people do well with this length. Mine is 75cm and I wish it was shorter!

Latest posts

Back