The DS and travel

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve seen many posts (on here, FB, and elsewhere) about traveling after the DS. Many are just plain scared to try it for fear of being out and about when having to have a bowel movement.

I just came back from a THREE WEEK vacation where most of the time, we spend the nights in a pop up camper. We traveled over 7,000 miles by car and went thru 22 states and two provinces. We DID stay with a friend one night, a motel one night and at my mother in law’s the last night. But the rest of the time we use public facilities (or for the middle of the night pee runs, a portable toilet in the camper).

I did not avoid carbs while on the road altho I made sure I got protein and fluid first. We did carry protein snacks and plenty of something to drink.

I weighed the same when I got back as I did when I left.

I did NOT carry any spray to hide the odor. I did not have people complaining about an odor in any place I was going, esp in the mornings. And I usually got in the shower after my morning constitutional so if someone had said something, I would have heard them. I had to make sure I ate as much fat as I could cause traveling makes me more constipated than normal.

IF we worry about offending others with our daily routine, we won’t enjoy ourselves. I enjoyed our trip. (Oh, and my husband is also a DS’er).

Last edited:
Sat on a plane for hrs. without killing anyone. ~Did a trip to Oz from the UK taking hrs.....ok almost killed the woman next to me but I ate bread. I learned!

Latest posts

Back