Sunday Weigh In (5/8/2016) Happy Mother's Day

LW BMI: 27
TW BMI: 26.3

Well Happy Mother's Day to me... nearly a 5# drop last week after my usual glacial weekly max of a pound or less. No clue as to why -- I ate and exercised the same. Weight loss (and gain) defies explanation sometimes.

My son graduates from college next weekend. Yesterday I searched through the closet for something to wear (I refuse to buy something I may only wear once), and found a size 10 suit I hadn't worn in 11 years. It's a little big (!!) except the waist is uncomfortably tight. This is the total opposite of what I've been all my life (small waist and big thighs and butt) and wonder if this is excess skin puddling at my waist. Oh well, easy enough to move the button over.

I can take two enormous handfuls of belly skin. Always reminds me of Charleton Heston as Andrew Jackson in The Buccaneer when he tells a soldier complaining of starvation, "Hunger? You've not known hunger til you can wipe your brow with the slack of your belly." I'm almost there. Hahaha

LW BMI: 27
TW BMI: 26.3

Well Happy Mother's Day to me... nearly a 5# drop last week after my usual glacial weekly max of a pound or less. No clue as to why -- I ate and exercised the same. Weight loss (and gain) defies explanation sometimes.

My son graduates from college next weekend. Yesterday I searched through the closet for something to wear (I refuse to buy something I may only wear once), and found a size 10 suit I hadn't worn in 11 years. It's a little big (!!) except the waist is uncomfortably tight. This is the total opposite of what I've been all my life (small waist and big thighs and butt) and wonder if this is excess skin puddling at my waist. Oh well, easy enough to move the button over.

I can take two enormous handfuls of belly skin. Always reminds me of Charleton Heston as Andrew Jackson in The Buccaneer when he tells a soldier complaining of starvation, "Hunger? You've not known hunger til you can wipe your brow with the slack of your belly." I'm almost there. Hahaha
Good for you and congrats on getting a child thru college. That is a very big step.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful Moms out there

This week was a slow week, my first slow week, in fact. I DID lose, but not like in previous weeks. It was my first week back to work, topped by an unexpected surgery to end the week with a bang. Having extreme muscle pain since the day after surgery , so I have been more sedentary than usual the past couple days. I've been told I was also due for stall week, so all things considered, I'll take the 1.5lbs that came off.

LW 298
TW 296.5

LW 213.4
TW 211.6

Not a huge scale loss but plodding along so not complaining. A couple of NSV's this week:

- Went to a wedding (Friday evening/cocktail) and wore a long dress without stockings. Noticed my thighs not rubbing together, then all night couldn't stop noticing them not rubbing together! It was my own secret thrill :)
- Babysat my son's best friend's one-year-old daughter last night at their house and was working on my laptop at the dining table after she went to bed. Got a little chilly so without thinking put on a hoodie that was hanging on the back of a chair. Only after I zipped it up did I realize that I hadn't thought about the size or whether it would fit, it just did! (Men's medium.)

Happy Mother's Day! And have a great week everyone!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful Moms out there

This week was a slow week, my first slow week, in fact. I DID lose, but not like in previous weeks. It was my first week back to work, topped by an unexpected surgery to end the week with a bang. Having extreme muscle pain since the day after surgery , so I have been more sedentary than usual the past couple days. I've been told I was also due for stall week, so all things considered, I'll take the 1.5lbs that came off.

LW 298
TW 296.5
It's still a drop. Hope you are doing better from the unexpected surgery.

LW 213.4
TW 211.6

Not a huge scale loss but plodding along so not complaining. A couple of NSV's this week:

- Went to a wedding (Friday evening/cocktail) and wore a long dress without stockings. Noticed my thighs not rubbing together, then all night couldn't stop noticing them not rubbing together! It was my own secret thrill :)
- Babysat my son's best friend's one-year-old daughter last night at their house and was working on my laptop at the dining table after she went to bed. Got a little chilly so without thinking put on a hoodie that was hanging on the back of a chair. Only after I zipped it up did I realize that I hadn't thought about the size or whether it would fit, it just did! (Men's medium.)

Happy Mother's Day! And have a great week everyone!
Doing good...and love the NSV's.

It's still a drop. Hope you are doing better from the unexpected surgery.

I went in for what was supposed to be a 10- 15 min exam under anesthesia and came out an hour and a half later after. Fissure repair and LIS... to my surprise very little pain in the rear... but the day after I felt like I was hit by a semi truck. When laughing I could feel every intercostal muscle, while walking, my legs felt like I an a Marathon and my abs hurt just thinking about turning my torso.

The muscle pain today is less than 1/2 of what it was yesterday and Friday.. hopefully tomorrow is even better. Gotta love the post op side effects from succinylcholine.

LW 128
TW 127

After many months of progressively worsening hip and nerve pain, it seems to be subsiding. Almost like there was a bone spur in the joint and it's moved out. Underlying stiffness is there, but nothing like it was and is something I can live with. I'm not even limping much! Kaiser has me on a wait list so replacement won't be until July anyway, so I think I'll just stay put and see where this heads. Absolutely don't want to cancel and have that pain rear its ugly head again.
Good news is my perioperative appointment resulted in 'excellent' health status. Bad news is while my DEXA scan shows movement from osteoporosis of the spine to osteopenia, the right hip (the offending one) has moved to osteoporosis. Bahhh!

Congratulations to all you losers and Happy Mother's Day!

Last edited:
I didn't weigh this morning before eating, but I think it was Friday when I hopped on the scale.

LW: 183
TW: 182

Happy Mother's Day. It's been 10 years since the death of my most wonderful mother. I still think of her daily. She was one of the best I was very fortunate to have her in my life. The definition of unconditional love.

LW 131
TW 133

Yikes not sure what's going on lots of stress. No stress eating in fact I know I'm not eating enough. We accepted offers on the Monday after the second open house and got a good one. We were in contract on Tuesday noon. Buyers wanted a 20 day close but we can not move until the end of June. So we countered 45 day close with a 14 day rent back (at a very low negotiated rate).

I have booked a mover...shit just got real.

Oh and to top it off I have a colonoscopy, my first, on Tuesday .

Have a great week all!

Whit

Latest posts

Back