Sunday Weigh In (1/22/2017

LW 160.6 (2 weeks ago)
TW 157.4

Lots of short haul traveling which typically stalls things but they seem to be moving again. Finally under 160lbs which means I'm down more than 200lbs since I started on this adventure! Feeling generally well and focusing on getting stronger.

Have a great week everyone!

LW 160.6 (2 weeks ago)
TW 157.4

Lots of short haul traveling which typically stalls things but they seem to be moving again. Finally under 160lbs which means I'm down more than 200lbs since I started on this adventure! Feeling generally well and focusing on getting stronger.

Have a great week everyone!
That is great. You are doing awesome.

Doesn't sound like much fun but glad that you will have treatment and hopefully soon find relief.
No, it doesn't sound fun and while it should help short term even a few years, it won't fix the long term issue. At some point I will need surgery but not wanting it.

LW 195
TW 191

A weird couple of weeks... hunger like I've never had before I'm eating eating eating, it feels like a non stop process to keep enough food in my belly to keep it happy. Yet even with all of this eating I am steadily losing weight. I have been doing some more strength training and got on some new vites. Overall I feel good, as long as I eat something every 2-3 hrs.

LW 195
TW 191

A weird couple of weeks... hunger like I've never had before I'm eating eating eating, it feels like a non stop process to keep enough food in my belly to keep it happy. Yet even with all of this eating I am steadily losing weight. I have been doing some more strength training and got on some new vites. Overall I feel good, as long as I eat something every 2-3 hrs.
Same for me. Not only am I eating more often, but more overall, and more urgently! I'm like a toddler now - if I don't have a snack every couple of hours I get very cranky!

Last week 144
This week 145

Saw my spine surgeon this week. First treatment will be a steroid shot right in the nerve

Ouch....hang in there.

YES. Scale moved this week. So happy.

LW - 189
TW - 184

This makes 80 pounds in 5 months and 62% of the way to goal.

NSV of the week. Shopping in my closet. I'm fitting into my size 14's and 12's. They are still tight, but they fit. Also, a nice fleece jacket I bought about 8 years ago at the Patagonia outlet now fits. Which is good because it's wind proof and I've been walking a lot.

Ouch is right. Maybe they will numb the area first. Good luck and I hope it lasts a few years...

LW131.5
TW133

WTF...to much suger and carbs. We have an orange tree in this new place and the juice is heavenly sweet. Fresh squeezes oj is trouble. I also volunteered at the PS International Film Festival and ate a lot of popcorn. So I'm off to costco for protein and plan to cut out bread this week. I have not been over 135 in 4 years and that is my max. Can't get there now... I'm have yet to master the art of knocking off 5 pounds.

Have a great week all. Women Power!

Whit

LW 125
TW 124

Bracing for storm #3 in a series since last Wednesday. This is projected to be the strongest in 10 years! Snow days last Thursday and Friday and I bet tomorrow and Tuesday will be as well. Ventured out during a small break between storms yesterday and my AWD slid so many times I swore I wasn't going out until things cleared up. Think I'll just nosh my way through till next Wednesday to distract me from 'cabin fever!'

Have a great week!

Last week: 164
This week: 163.5

Spent a few hours last week taking tucks in my new jeans to make them fit better. My butt is non-existent now! Well, except for sharpei type skin down low! Woof woof.

LW 195
TW 191

You are doing good.
Same for me. Not only am I eating more often, but more overall, and more urgently! I'm like a toddler now - if I don't have a snack every couple of hours I get very cranky!
Yes, I get cranky like a hungry toddler.
Ouch....hang in there.

YES. Scale moved this week. So happy.

LW - 189
TW - 184

This makes 80 pounds in 5 months and 62% of the way to goal.

NSV of the week. Shopping in my closet. I'm fitting into my size 14's and 12's. They are still tight, but they fit. Also, a nice fleece jacket I bought about 8 years ago at the Patagonia outlet now fits. Which is good because it's wind proof and I've been walking a lot.
Good going!
Ouch is right. Maybe they will numb the area first. Good luck and I hope it lasts a few years...

LW131.5
TW133

WTF...to much suger and carbs. We have an orange tree in this new place and the juice is heavenly sweet. Fresh squeezes oj is trouble. I also volunteered at the PS International Film Festival and ate a lot of popcorn. So I'm off to costco for protein and plan to cut out bread this week. I have not been over 135 in 4 years and that is my max. Can't get there now... I'm have yet to master the art of knocking off 5 pounds.

Have a great week all. Women Power!

Whit
Rein in the carb monster!
If you are gonna eat the oranges, eat it, don't drink it. Orange juice is just about pure sugar. It's why they give it to diabetics experiencing a low blood sugar, OJ to drink.
I hope the shot helps a lot, Liz

I'm sitting at 148 but I think I am flabbier. :frown:

I'm sorry you feel flabby.

LW 125
TW 124

Bracing for storm #3 in a series since last Wednesday. This is projected to be the strongest in 10 years! Snow days last Thursday and Friday and I bet tomorrow and Tuesday will be as well. Ventured out during a small break between storms yesterday and my AWD slid so many times I swore I wasn't going out until things cleared up. Think I'll just nosh my way through till next Wednesday to distract me from 'cabin fever!'

Have a great week!
Make sure to nosh on protein and stay safe.

How long before this takes place? Sure hope it gives you some relief!
Since I saw him late Thursday and he "farms" it out, I'm kinda expecting to hear on Monday. And since it will be at our local county hospital, I expect to get in fairly quickly. From what I understand, they do it under an x-ray or fluoroscope to get right to the nerve. Not sure of the details. After I am scheduled, I am to call my spine surgeon's office back for a follow up 2-3 weeks out.

LW: 74.3kg | 163.8 lbs
TW: 74.3kg | 163.8 lbs

Two days at work before I'm off to my parents' place for an early Chinese New Year holiday, because I have a work conference on the actual holiday next week. Two lunches, too - one with clients, and then our big team celebration lunch tomorrow. Nice to do these things without worrying about where the nearest toilet is, as in my band days.

(Also very rapidly coming up on my 1 year surgiversary. I had it done over last Chinese New Year break, so only a couple of weeks away.)

Latest posts

Back