So we are back in the ER with Cameron

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
Cameron has been retching/heaving for the last 8 hours or so, and has had some blood in his saliva that he is spitting up. We were here Monday as well because he was spitting some blood then, bad abdominal pain, GERD back bad and difficulty staying awake. Same today but the retching is much more frequent and violent.

We are pretty certain he has a tear in his esophagus and it started the week after my revision. Dr k told him to get an endoscope but the ridiculously slow and overly conservative GI says they can't do it until like the 29th. He had a CT on Monday and they said everything was clear but when the radiology report showed up on his portal it reported a hiatal hernia. Obviously an endoscope needs done asap to determine if there is a tear.

As soon as we get X-ray results back and labs as well I am going to ask the ER Doc to call Dr K and call in GI and or surgical to do the scope now and decide what to do. He can't go to work now as he can't stay awake either so he is going to lose his really good job that is crucial for his well being if this doesn't get fixed now.

This damn wrap(nissen) needs to go to hell but I don't know if they can take it down or not. Obviously his diaphragm is herniated again and the wrap probably loose... But when it is too tight he has dysphagia.

I highly advise anyone with GERD who is considering a nissen fundoplication to try everything else possible first and then think really hard as to if you really want to take the risk of a wrap. It has been nothing but a nightmare for Cameron and a constant source of misery.

Positive thoughts for Cameron please.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry! Lots of positive thoughts headed Cameron's way (and your way and Dianna's way...) Let us know what happens.

I'm so sorry! Lots of positive thoughts headed Cameron's way (and your way and Dianna's way...) Let us know what happens.
Thanks Larra. Hopefully I can get them to do a darn 10 minute scope today or in the morning. They have to get to a diagnosis so we can get a plan in place to fix him.

For his mental well being he can not lose this job, so we need him healthy and back to work and school ASAP. He was heaving for 5 straight minutes every few minutes for about 8 hours straight this morning. That stopped when he was given phenergan thankfully but something else is awry.

Well, Cameron is being admitted with a bowel obstruction. The plan is to put him NPO and on fluids to see if will move/resolve on its own. If it doesn't resolve within the next 24 hours they will take more aggressive action.

The hospitalist who is admitting him is also going to have surgery and GI follow as well. We still suspect a Mallory Weiss tear in the esophagus from all the retching.

Hopefully we can get the obstruction to clear on its own and get the esophageal issues identified and repaired.

It never ends for this kid.

Scott, I'm so sorry that Cameron, (and you and your wife) is continuing to have issues. I'm glad they've admitted him. I'll swing critters for all of you. Don't forget to take care of yourself please.

Scott, I'm so sorry that Cameron, (and you and your wife) is continuing to have issues. I'm glad they've admitted him. I'll swing critters for all of you. Don't forget to take care of yourself please.
Thanks Linda.

Good thing I got the medical release to return to work tomorrow. Nothing ever goes right/the easy way for us the last 10 years.

Latest posts

Back