So I am Struggling Again

Ditto to what everyone else has said. (((HUGS))) and I really hope you get healed, gaining weight and energy and feeling better!

Thanks ladies. Hopefully my pcp can work me in tomorrow as he is booked for two weeks but I am on a cancellation list. Dr k thinks based on my symptoms that it is possible I have an issue going on with my thyroid, testosterone, other hormones or poossibly adrenal insufficiency. He still wants me to take creon at least for short term but doesn't think it will make me feel any better. My protein is a half point below range and albumin is barely in range but those aren't horrible numbers for me.

I have been really lightheaded the last two days on top of the fatigue, so that is why he said that the adrenal thing is something to check as well.

I'd take David Caya up on the compounded enzyme solution with ox bile - I'd try it myself. I think you just need to maintain your nutritional levels while your body heals from the double whammy surgeries.

@DSRIGGS you have been on my mind the last couple of days. I am worried about you. I don't have any gems or suggestions but damn it something has got to give. Just wanted you to know I am sending you good vibrations.

I got into my PCP today and he did labs checking Cortisol levels for adrenal insufficiency, testosterone and thyroid so we shall see what they show. He didn't have much else to try for the light head or fatigue medicine wise, that is nothing I am taking that he can take me off of.

What an absolute bummer to come here and see your post. I too have my fingers crossed your body just needs a nutritional boost to get past those surgeries.

It may actually be a blessing as well if something is found in the current tests, as you may be able to just take a pill to treat it. One more little pill on the the vitamin pile aint no thang for us.

What an absolute bummer to come here and see your post. I too have my fingers crossed your body just needs a nutritional boost to get past those surgeries.

It may actually be a blessing as well if something is found in the current tests, as you may be able to just take a pill to treat it. One more little pill on the the vitamin pile aint no thang for us.
Thanks Hon, and yeah I would gladly take another pill if it fixed me (well as much as I can be fixed) for good.

Thinking about you, Scott. Sorry things are still a struggle. I keep hoping to check in here and see you are feeling better. Hopefully that will happen soon!

Thinking about you, Scott. Sorry things are still a struggle. I keep hoping to check in here and see you are feeling better. Hopefully that will happen soon!
Thanks sweetheart.

I had testing and results are coming back low so I am sure that means more testing including imaging, but I will see what my pcp says tomorrow. I hope I don't have to wait to get into and endocrinologist for weeks before more testing is done.

Damn, your struggle is never ending! Hurdle after hurdle. The good news is, its not you, its your body after 2 ops. However, it is wise to get a handle on it if you don't want to lose more. Creon is a great idea. And no more surgeries for a while, k?

Latest posts

Back