SLow Down! Slown... STOP!

Vinnero

Well I am 22 weeks PO. Last week I had a 1 lbs loss then the last meeks before that it was a 2-3 lbs loss per week. But now this week ZERO. I knew this day would come but do not like it. I am sure it will start up again but with about 70 lbs pounds to lose it is kind of hard. It also seems to have slowd since I changed my diet, I was going by the doc and dooing a low cal low fat and low carb diet but now with the advice of the online fellow DSers I added fat and stoped counting cals and just watching carbs and make sure I get my protien in. I work out 5 days a week but I do not know if I am eating to much or what. Any advice would be great.

Chris

High protein, low carb, you will do great! Are you getting, at least, 64 ounces of water per day?

How much have you lost in total? If you have 70 pounds left I assume you have lost at least 100 lbs. Relax, you're doing fine. This is a marathon, not a sprint. It took me two years and two months to lose what the BMI index called 100% of my excess weight.

I have lost 125 total, 88 since surgery. I am greatfull for what I have lost, just throwing a pitty party for myself I guess.

Congratulations on 125 pounds lost. That's quite an achievement. You will likely continue to lose in fits and starts for about another year. There will be stalls aplenty. May I suggest you throw away the scale and focus on size? It will be a more reliable measure of how far you have come.

Last edited:
if you step back and consider - you are working out regularly, you have lost a ton of weight - please take a moment to be very, very proud and happy.

then? what Hilary said - go by how your pants fit.

Put the scale away for three months. Follow your plan and go about your life. I promise, you'll still lose weight and you will notice it WITHOUT the scale.

Then when you weigh again in three months, you will celebrate :).

Thx for the encouragement. The scale thing is hard for me, being a guy and a design engineer, I like number :). I think after I get under 270 (I am 271 now) I will try and put away the scale for a bit. I just want to meet that mini goal. I have not weighed under 270 since I was in the 8th grade.

Chris, One point to add from a numbers perspective is that the relationship between size and weight is a bit different for formerly morbidly obese or supermorbidly obese person than for "normies". Obese bodies gain some fairly mass-intensive infrastructure elements (veins, skin, muscles, etc.) that are not necessarily lost when body fat diminishes or disappears. I'm at goal weight and would estimate that my appearance and size is similar to that of "normies" who weigh about 10% less than I do.

Chris,you will be fine....it can be a slow process but you are in it for the long haul.

ON a different note...the image you have linked to OH isn't showing. Download it to your computer and then place it someplace like photobucket and then link it again.

Well, I take it all back LOL. after the week before losing 1 lbs and then last week I lost zero, this week I lost 4 lbs. What is even better about it is I reached my next goal, I broke 270, I am down to 268, I have not weighed below 270 since before the 8th grade, over 25 years ago. And also I mowed the lawn for the first time since I was a kid.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back