Second week, worse than the first

Thanks! I tried to eat around the corn, but I'm sure they were broken down a little in the soup. I had about 1/4 cup, so I was very proud of myself. Definitely keep your veggie warnings in mind ;)
Getting down a quarter cup at this point is awesome. BTW, many of us get a runny nose when we have eaten enough. It is a warning that says, don't eat anymore right now or it might come back at you. Not all get that signal but many of us do. So if that happens you will know.

I hear you on eating around stuff and I try to do the same at times, but I suck at it most of the time because I love corn and most veggies! So I usually just pay the price. :D

and btw as we say hear, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) so one food that might kill me might be great for you and visa versa.

Corn. :eek: The veggie with most undigestible skin. Even I, 3 months out, will not go near it.

Glad to hear you are doing so well and hope the rest of your trip is bearable.

Hi everyone. I made it home safely this morning. A bit fatigued from the airport (always has to be the furthest gate from immigration - thank god for the terminal trains!) and been trying to get my body clock in order. My Mum found me a new sofa while I was away, so we went out and ordered that this afternoon - she's good at spending my money! (The one I have now is very low and she struggles to get up from it when she visits.)

Managed a few bites of chicken breast and some mashed potato on the flight, and two cheese sticks and some mashed potato today. Ginger ale is my new best friend - just a few sips really helps to settle my stomach.

Glad you are home safely. Please do take it easy. I'm happy you found something to settle your stomach, but am a surprised that ginger ale works for you - carbonated beverages are still difficult for me to tolerate at 4 years out!

Glad you are home safely. Please do take it easy. I'm happy you found something to settle your stomach, but am a surprised that ginger ale works for you - carbonated beverages are still difficult for me to tolerate at 4 years out!

It's not very carbonated and I leave it sit for a bit to go flat :)

So glad you made it home and that Mom is there to help you for awhile. Ginger is a great choice to settle the stomach, and if flat should be ok.

Secret confession...I'm not a fan of hot drinks. Given that warm water is the default at business meetings in Chinese cultures, it's a daily struggle!

When sick I buy a big bottle of diet ginger ale. Pour into pot on stove and boil it. Let it cool off the pour it back in bottle and store in fridge. Great to sip over ice. For the kids I use regular ginger ale especially if they aren't eating

Latest posts

Back