Really bad pain all day

The ER Doc is thinking ulcer since rectal showed blood, but they just finally sent labs to check lipase and regular stuff. I don't think it is an ulcer as it isn't a burning pain. It feels like hernia/blockage pain that i had before but with pain going through to back. It also hurts worse when lying on my back. Not sure why ulcer would do that. He gave me a GI cocktail but I am doubtful it works. He is also clueless about DS and didn't think I need imaging.

I don't want pancrease or intestinal hernia but I also want the problem properly diagnosed.

I would bet against pancreatitis because your gall bladder is long gone and your not a big drinker, and gall stones and alcohol are by far the most common causes of pancreatitis (though there are other possible causes, and sometimes the cause remains unknown). I was thinking it could be ulcer or gastritis. The body has only so many ways of expressing pain, so pain from one cause can feel a lot like pain from another cause. Hopefully the testing you are having will sort it all out soon.

I would bet against pancreatitis because your gall bladder is long gone and your not a big drinker, and gall stones and alcohol are by far the most common causes of pancreatitis (though there are other possible causes, and sometimes the cause remains unknown). I was thinking it could be ulcer or gastritis. The body has only so many ways of expressing pain, so pain from one cause can feel a lot like pain from another cause. Hopefully the testing you are having will sort it all out soon.
Lipase is good and no white count either. That being said, the GI cocktail has done nothing but actually give me a little heartburn......so I am fearful I have another hernia but I am going so who knows.

Gall stones do turn up in the common bile duct even after the gall bladder is removed, but the longer it has been since removal, the lower the chances of that. And it usually causes jaundice, which Scott doesn't seem to be describing.

The second hernia/BO this year, the pain radiated exactly like you are describing. Like contracting band.

Gall stones do turn up in the common bile duct even after the gall bladder is removed, but the longer it has been since removal, the lower the chances of that. And it usually causes jaundice, which Scott doesn't seem to be describing.
No jaundice and my gallbladder was loaded with sludge but no stones.

CT didn't show anything. Sending me home and will scope if pain comes back which it obviously will when I eat since they didn't do anything . Well going to add zantac at night and told me to stop nsaids (take for rotator cuff pain - suspected tear).

Not really thrilled with this plan, but they basically can't get me scoped tomorrow so might as well go home.

Dang that doesn't sound like a very good day. Here's hoping tomorrow finds some answers and that you will start feeling better.

Well shoot, I popped over here to see if you were better. Sorry this is happening.

I've had two different types of blockages, and my non-doctory guess would be a blockage or partial blockage. Too many similar things going on. I had a hell of a time getting a dr with a clue, and even when finally getting a CT with contrast (several times) they just didn't know what they were looking at, and always just say "lots of poop".

I know you know to advocate for yourself, but having to push and educate them when you are feeling like hammered shit is just so taxing. I hope you have a friend or family member that can go with you that is PUSHY.

Also, I'd forget dense food like bread till it's sorted out. I'd have minor issues, but then a load of bread and steak going through was darn near the end of me. At least it brought it all to a finale to get it resolved, even if the pain level became deadly.

Latest posts

Back