Really bad pain all day

Damn. You've been taking two steps forward and one step back too often. Hope this gets sorted out today.

Well, on the positive side, it's good that nothing awful was found on the CT scan. I'm betting the scope will show something.

Well shoot, I popped over here to see if you were better. Sorry this is happening.

I've had two different types of blockages, and my non-doctory guess would be a blockage or partial blockage. Too many similar things going on. I had a hell of a time getting a dr with a clue, and even when finally getting a CT with contrast (several times) they just didn't know what they were looking at, and always just say "lots of poop".

I know you know to advocate for yourself, but having to push and educate them when you are feeling like hammered shit is just so taxing. I hope you have a friend or family member that can go with you that is PUSHY.

Also, I'd forget dense food like bread till it's sorted out. I'd have minor issues, but then a load of bread and steak going through was darn near the end of me. At least it brought it all to a finale to get it resolved, even if the pain level became deadly.
Dr Marshall's surgicsl team is the team who was consulting and he did my first intestinal hernia repair. I had to push then and TV is presentation is like the last one. I had a CT a month or two before I had to go to ER where they did another CT that said "can not totally rule out obstruction ". That is why they admitted that time and did surgery 3 days after resting the bowel then pain came flying back after first solid meal. I think it is very possible that I am following that same progression.

Regarding CT and blockage detection. I am told the bowel can move in and out of the hernia so they are often hard to detect. ...so who knows. I am trying to scope scheduled so they can identify or rule out marginal ulcer. I am not comfortable with bleeding going on and no firm diagnosis.

The CT showed some small amounts of fluid in peritoneal cavity so trying to figure out what that means as well.

Dr Marshall's surgicsl team is the team who was consulting and he did my first intestinal hernia repair. I had to push then and TV is presentation is like the last one. I had a CT a month or two before I had to go to ER where they did another CT that said "can not totally rule out obstruction ". That is why they admitted that time and did surgery 3 days after resting the bowel then pain came flying back after first solid meal. I think it is very possible that I am following that same progression.

Regarding CT and blockage detection. I am told the bowel can move in and out of the hernia so they are often hard to detect. ...so who knows. I am trying to scope scheduled so they can identify or rule out marginal ulcer. I am not comfortable with bleeding going on and no firm diagnosis.

The CT showed some small amounts of fluid in peritoneal cavity so trying to figure out what that means as well.

Holding good thoughts for you. Thanks for keeping us posted.

I assume you are forwarding the CT report to Keshishian?
Yep, although I suspect he will want the imaging itself.

This is the result and number 5 (incidental finding) shocks the hell out of me since I had an angiogram a couple years ago and my Dr told me I had the biggest arteries he had ever seen and they were clean as a whistle...even said, you aren't dieing from a coronary attack....my cholesterol has been extremely low, almost too low for the last 2.1 years so I am shocked.
Impression
IMPRESSION:

1. Postsurgical changes in the abdomen consistent with duodenal switch.

2. Small amount of nonspecific free fluid within the pelvis. This free fluid also surrounds the appendix. The appendix is
nondistended and only measures 6 mm in diameter. Appendicitis is not strongly suspected by CT; however, clinical correlation for signs and symptoms of appendicitis is recommended.

3. Nonobstructing right nephrolithiasis.

4. Status post cholecystectomy.

5. Prominent calcification proximal LAD coronary artery.

6. Small amount of right subphrenic ascites.

Findings 2 and 6 are the ones that worry me a bit. I don't get why I still have fluid in the peritoneum.

Obviously, no advice here Scott, just wanted to say hi and send you my well wishes my friend.

Obviously, no advice here Scott, just wanted to say hi and send you my well wishes my friend.
Thanks Rob. I am feeling better today, why I have no idea but I definitely don't want surgery again..so I will just see if the scope shows anything, whenever they get around to doing it.

Good luck with the scope.
Well, no scope. Marshall some how has decided that I am no longer actively bleeding. How Carnack the Great deduced this is beyond me. The Hemoccult said differently but somehow he knows better, and even though the ER Attending and the Surgical Resident were in full agreement that I needed an EGD and colonoscopy, Marshall says just come see me in 2 weeks. This is the same guy that told me I was the poster boy for DS lab values even though I had just lost 18 pounds in 10 days and was taking 400,000 IU of creon a day. That is why I made the final decision to go Dr K and we know that he found a major intestinal hernia.

Why the hell would he not do the scopes (45 minutes max) and get a definitive diagnosis and determine why I had blood in my GI Tract?????

I am done with him.

((((((Scott))))))), I am sorry he is being such an ass.
Thanks Liz. I just don't get why he is taking this stance. Dr K and Larra both agreed that scoping from both ends (My verbiage) is the proper course of action, so I just don't get it.

Grrrr. How frustrating!!! Sorry you are going through this, Scott.
Thanks Pam. The good thing is that I haven't had pain since the ER that night, which is really strange because nothing was done to eliminate the pain that I had for 2 days (well Dilaudid but that should have been temporary)....and I ate immediately after leaving the ER and that was before adding the tagament on top of my PPI and stopping the the NSAID happened. It wouldn't have worked that quickly either.

So oh well....hopefully I don't start massively bleeding.

FYI - My original hernia a year ago presented this way. Bad pain and CT scan that showed nothing. Two months later I was in the ER and then two days later had the hernia repaired. I am still not convinced that this isn't happening again.

Latest posts

Back